Finding lost photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Besides looking in the lostPictures gallery, there are other ways to find lost pictures and/or albums. Mike asked me how in the thread that started this and I gave a short non-informative answer. Sorry Mike,
:eusa_pray

I can't put together a standard procedure for how to do this, it is a manual procedure. But here are some basic facts that help.

1. All pictures that were in the system, the day before the update, are still available in the same structure they were in before. If you have FTP access and/or cpanel access, look at directory /public_html/gallery/files/ All the pictures in all 3 forms are there. the directories under files contain the pictures organized by userid. What is userid. Look in the user up in Admincp and at the top of the screen is the id. The directories don't use an obvious structure to store the pictures. You would think that if the userid was 123 then the directorty would be files/123. But it isn't, instead it is files/1/2/3. Why? the author's choice.

2. the Database that controlled the photo gallery (and the rest of the site) is available frozen in time from the day before the change. It is called ncwoodwo_vbullold. If you can go into cpanel you can use phpmyadmin to browse the DB and perofrm query, if you know how to write them. vb3_adv_gallery_images contains the photo info and vb3_adv_gallery_categories contains the cat info.

3. PhotoPost, the new gallery, keeps it pictures in /public_html/pp/data.
But Photopost organizes its pictures differently. Each folder contains pictures not owner, but by category id. The only way to to tell who owns a picture is by looking at its record in the database.

The current live database is ncwoodwo_vbull and the table that has the picture info is called pp_photos and categories are in pp_categories.

Ok, I hope that helps.

cskipper

Cathy
It helps enough to know that there isn't a "file" we can go check to see if any pictures are ours! :lol: I have no idea if they are all there - there aren't any I just "have to have" in there.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It's like fishing in a lake with no hook, no line and no bait but once you find out there is a net and how to use it then you get plenty of fish. :lol:

Try dynamite....very effective, although not too selective (for fishing that is):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS