Finally finished the Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory

And then I cut some grass for the tiger - first time trying stack cutting (thanks for the tips guys)

And finally decided to crouch the tiger behind the grass (saving the other grass for the leopard)

I've been a little busy this weekend.

:clock:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job of cutting Greg. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I am glad you took a break from those chess pieces.

cskipper

Cathy
More details please. Did you find it difficult to get the sharp edges (sharp in and out cuts)? Didyou cut from both directions or just cut as you went? The wood looks about 3/8"- is that correct? Will you frame the piece so the grass (nice touch, by the way) stays in place? What blades did you use? How long did it take?

sawduster

New User
Robert
Outstanding work bro :icon_thum I like the grass done separately ....very nice touch :eusa_clap
Whose pattern is it and what blade(s) did you use ?
Again, nice job :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Hook

New User
Gregory
So many questions. :eek:

I just cut as I went. The in/out edges were time consuming but not really difficult. I lost track of actual hours as it became a multiple weekends/nights project, an hour here, 30 minutes there, a few hours another time etc... The wood is actually 3/4 poplar. FD SR #5 blades. I've never framed any scrolling so I doubt I'll frame this, but then again, there's no telling - I could change my mind someday.

I bought the pattern (in a set) from the Winfield collection a number of years ago. The set includes the tiger, the grass and a leopard.

sawduster

New User
Robert
You flat-bladed that ??

Impressive :notworthy: :notworthy:

That's a spiral blade piece for me :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS