Finally finished the coffee table

Bill J

Bill
User
I've been working on this for some time and finally finished! It replaces the first table I ever made almost 40 years ago!
Wenge top and shelf resawed from an 8/4 piece to book match the grain and the frame is 8/4 sapele. I have worked almost exclusively in straight lines and decided to try some curves.
And yes, the wenge did cost a fortune!

Attachments

• 2023-04-29 11.19.20.jpg
    2023-04-29 11.19.20.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
  • 2023-04-29 11.27.11.jpg
    2023-04-29 11.27.11.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 158

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Super nice !! I can feel the Wenge Splinters as I look at the pix. But, that wood just looks spectacular !

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
Bill that is a statement piece for sure! I was just complaining about cutting a simple little curve in something. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut after seeing this! Hahaha great work

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Looks great, hopefully this is something that will stay in the family for years.

I’m amazed you have the grain running horizontally on the legs...and it looks like they were cut from a single piece.

Bill J

Bill
User
Looks great, hopefully this is something that will stay in the family for years.

I’m amazed you have the grain running horizontally on the legs...and it looks like they were cut from a single piece.
they were, I glued up an 8/4 15x36 board and then cut the legs and finished them using a router template

Trey1984

Trey
User
I've been working on this for some time and finally finished! It replaces the first table I ever made almost 40 years ago!
Wenge top and shelf resawed from an 8/4 piece to book match the grain and the frame is 8/4 sapele. I have worked almost exclusively in straight lines and decided to try some curves.
Beautiful work!

spitzerone

New User
Gary
Very avant guard! Nice work.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS