Finally a wood gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This is my first official "after joining" gloat. Went and picked up lumber from Internet Lumber today. 100 bf of 4/ 4 ash for end tables for LOML. They threw in the smaller widths for free. Just wanted to post a real gloat. This will be my first attempt at a hardwood project so wish me luck and success.

This is my first hardwood lumber purchase so I guess I got a good deal, or as fair as possible. Gonna post a few photos of the gloat.

Tracy

Attachments

• DSCN2011.jpg
    DSCN2011.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN2012.jpg
    DSCN2012.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN2013.jpg
    DSCN2013.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 187

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Some good looking Ash. Hope you didn't loose your As_! What did you pay pbf?
This being your first project you have much to look forward to. Good luck. Please post pics on progress.
Jim in Mayberry

TracyP

Tracy
Some good looking Ash. Hope you didn't loose your As_! What did you pay pbf?
This being your first project you have much to look forward to. Good luck. Please post pics on progress.
Jim in Mayberry

2.13 pbf s2s and straight line ripped one side. Guess it was a good price?

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Nice haul, Tracy. Guess you get a YOU SUCK since you supplied the obligatory pictures:icon_thum. Way to go. Now GO get busy making some sawdust:saw:

woodylarry

New User
Larry
from a newbie, what/where is "internet lumber"?

2.13pbf s2s, sounds pretty good as the locals around wake are getting 3-4pbf and it wouldn't be ripped one side.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
If you go to www.internetlumber.com you will see what they are. They sell a lot of hardwood flooring and other lumber products, and the office is based in Winston-Salem. The place to pick up the lumber is in Mocksville, they will give you directions to the warehouse if you purchase, and are REAL good folks to work with. I have bought from them a few times, and never had a problem.

TracyP

Tracy
from a newbie, what/where is "internet lumber"?

2.13pbf s2s, sounds pretty good as the locals around wake are getting 3-4pbf and it wouldn't be ripped one side.

I would be glad to pick up for any member of this site and meet within a 50 mile radius of Salisbury on most any early Saturday or Sunday. What you purchase is between you and Internet Lumber Company as I cannot guarantee their product. Just trying to offer a service to the folks who have welcomed me into this site. So far I have been very happy with their service. Not trying to cut out any member that is a supplier, just trying to help if I can. Shipping lumber can be real expensive. Just trying to offer an alternative to paying shipping. I only live ten miles from them.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Tracy,

Nice score! That sounds like a great price and some nice looking wood. Congrats on your first YOU SUCK and may you have many more! ;-)

Can't wait to see the table(s). :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
did you call up there earlier to see if you could pick it up a day early due to rain?
I was up there about 10 am and some one ask if it would be a problem if some one came and picked up a load of ash earlier, around 3 pm.

I picked up a little bit of FAS walnut. Just wanted to go up there and check them out, They are nice and friendly. Got the tour of the place while i was there. I was in and out in about 45 mins. That was after picking out the boards, taking the quick tour and watching hem surface it.

BarryC

New User
Barry
SCORE! I'm still to new around here to say much else and too new to woodworking to know much more.... But that Ash sure is pretty!

TracyP

Tracy
did you call up there earlier to see if you could pick it up a day early due to rain?
I was up there about 10 am and some one ask if it would be a problem if some one came and picked up a load of ash earlier, around 3 pm.

I picked up a little bit of FAS walnut. Just wanted to go up there and check them out, They are nice and friendly. Got the tour of the place while i was there. I was in and out in about 45 mins. That was after picking out the boards, taking the quick tour and watching hem surface it.

Yes that was me. I got there at 12:30 and was back in Salisbury on Jake Alexander Blvd. by 1:30. Their service is superb.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
when i was there they didn't have your lumber pulled and milled yet.

was your 2.13 price including s2s and straight line?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for the tip, Larry.:icon_thum:icon_thum

That sure is a nice load of wood......for sure!!!!!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice haul! And just the right fit for the trailer.
I think this is going to be the start of a great project :icon_thum

Roger

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I am 20 mins north of Mocksville, and happy to pick up some lumber (same disclaimer, lumber quality not my decision) for others (we can work out the details). Limit purchase to 8' lengths (it has to fit in a Nissan Frontier's bed).

TracyP

Tracy
when i was there they didn't have your lumber pulled and milled yet.

was your 2.13 price including s2s and straight line?

Yes that was out the door, loaded by them price while I was paying for the haul. S2S and straight line ripped one side. If you ever have a special need just ask for Clint. He is the warehouse manager and he will do everything in his power to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.

Tracy

J

jeff...

Tracy - glad you made the purchase - good cheap ash is hard to find :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS