Federal Influenced Serving Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Here's a serving tray I've been working on for the last couple weeks. The fans were done a few months ago with no project in mine. LOML said she wanted a serving tray which gave me an opportunity to try some marquetry and this is what I ended up with. The tray is walnut and the inlays are various veneers. There are a few rough spots, but overall I am happy with the project! Let me know what you think!

tray2.JPG

tray1.JPG

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Nicely done Ed. Did you make the Pateraes also? If so, how about some how to's.

Mike

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nicely done Ed. Did you make the Pateraes also? If so, how about some how to's.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I did make the pateraes. Don't know how much I can help with the how to. I didn't really know what I was doing. I found the pattern somewhere online and traced the individual patterns on the veneer. I used a knife instead of a fret saw to cut the pieces. I made plenty of mistakes on this one, so I guess I'll have to try another.

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
Nice Ed!

Great design and excellent inlay work. Not many people have the patience for this! What did you use for a finish?

P.S. I think I recognize the stringing - lol...

Matt...

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Sure looks good to me, I like how the Fans look 3d~!!!

YOU ROCK and did a better job than you give yourself credit for~!!!

smandal

New User
sumanta
Very nice. Just yesterday my wife was talking about a serving tray and I was looking for ideas to make one. One more project added to my woodworking to-do list.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice Ed!

Great design and excellent inlay work. Not many people have the patience for this! What did you use for a finish?

P.S. I think I recognize the stringing - lol...

Matt...

Thanks Matt!! Yes you played a roll in that stringing!

For those of you who haven't dealt with Matt, you are really missing out on a great resource! You should see the bandings he has made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS