Father's Day pens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'm giving pens as Father's Day gifts this year (imagine that. :lol: ) I turned two this week and will give my Dad the one he likes best. Here they are. The first one is Black Ebony and the second one is Cocobolo. Let me know what you think.

IMG_01581.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

MikeH

New User
Mike
Great looking pens, Mike. They will be well received gifts.
Dave:)

Thanks Dave. I love working with the Ebony. I had it glass smooth without any finish on it. I've had this Ebony for about 20 years sitting in a drawer next to my bed. LOML found it and I am SO glad she did. :eusa_danc

J

jeff...

Hey I got some wood that black, we winched a big ole saw log out of the Tar River some time back. It's as black a coal through and through, I wonder if it floated to North Carolina from Africa only to sink to the bottom of the tar river? BTW now I know why they call folks around here Tar Heels (hint don't go wading in the tar river barefoot) it takes forever and a day to wash that stuff off your feet.

Those are some nice pens :drunken_s, did you make one for yourself?

MikeH

New User
Mike
Hey I got some wood that black, we winched a big ole saw log out of the Tar River some time back. It's as black a coal through and through, I wonder if it floated to North Carolina from Africa only to sink to the bottom of the tar river? BTW now I know why they call folks around here Tar Heels (hint don't go wading in the tar river barefoot) it takes forever and a day to wash that stuff off your feet.

Those are some nice pens :drunken_s, did you make one for yourself?

I will eventually make one for myself once I make one for everyone I know. :rolf: Got any small pieces of that there black wood? :eusa_thin

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Since you asked.
A suggestion would be to blow off the blank between grits and before finishing.
It appears there is some sanding debris in the open pores.
Seal early and seal often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS