Extreme Birdhouses (The Wellington )

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranbrook2

New User
john
Hi everyone
Spring is here and it,s great to be working back outside again.

This is a birdhouse i started last year but it got put on hold for the winter.
It is made from 120 yr old reclaimed barn wood.
It is 5 1/2 ft square and has over 80 apartments.

Attachments

• PB280025-1.JPG
    PB280025-1.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 165
  • PB280016-1.JPG
    PB280016-1.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 182
  • PB280002.JPG
    PB280002.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 176
  • PB280002-1.JPG
    PB280002-1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 162
  • PB280019.JPG
    PB280019.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 168
  • PB280012.JPG
    PB280012.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 170

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thank you Al and Mike

Mike
I used to build real houses for over 20 yrs then i got injured a few years ago and ended up with a chronic pain disorder and fibromyalgia.
The hardest thing for me to do is sit around so i build these to keep my mind busy.
I have built 27 birdhouses so far and since my yard is full i am starting to sell them.
My son and i also have been drawing up plans for some of the smaller houses to sell online on my site.
I have two done so far.

Thanks again

john

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeeze 8-O 8-O 8-O that is incredible. Does the cat come with it :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Extreme indeed John:icon_thum ! I've seen some of your post at the sawmill creek and I am more impressed with every one. I've got a couple of birdfeeders in progress for the LOML but nowhere near that scale.

Did you ever try and get any pics published at Birds&Blooms?

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thanks again everyone for all the very nice replies.

There are days that i can't work so them days i spend thinking about things to build when i can.
I love woodworking and i wouldn't want to doing anything but woodworking.

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thanks Bryan
I have had 5 articles done since last month including an article in Canada's largest woodworking magazine called Canadian Home Workshop . may issue.
A few people have mentioned birds and bloom so i think i should send them a email today and see what happens.:eusa_danc
Thanks again

john

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thanks Dan and oderus for the nice comments.

I only have 10 of the 27 now but i did keep the biggest ones.:-D
I gave away more then half of them.:slap:

M

McRabbet

John,

My wife has fibromyalgia and has found that the prescription drug Cymbalta (originally formulated for depression sufferers) has reduced her incidences of pain dramatically. Your Bird Mansions are spectacular! Keep up the beautiful work.

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thank you rob for the nice compliment and info
I will check into that.
So far i cant take anything .I have a very weak stomach for prescription pills.:eusa_booh

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
John, that can be arranged...:lol:

10" oak beams would certainly make one helluva timber-frame birdhouse too!

Scott

Littlejon

New User
Jon
John - Those are some outstanding birdhouses. I, too, love building them but mine are simple and usually out of whatever scraps I can find. Nothing on that scale, for sure!

I got started because my mother started buying them to decorate her house with. She put them above the cabinets in her kitchen because there was a lot of space above them since the cieling is vaulted. Anyway, rather than her buying them at yard sales, etc., I started building them myself.

Actually, only thing I have done that is close to that is a table for her front porch that is a big birdhouse. I will try to get a picture of it and post it here sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS