excalibur 30 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
does anyone know if the excalibur scroll saws are ever on sale anywhere? especially the ex-30. i am going to have to upgrade later this year from my 20yr old delta q-3 and i am hoping to get the ex-30. thanks. steve

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Steve, I have never seen them on sale as far as on the retail side but I haven't really looked for the sale - I have seen a few on Craig's list - The EX-30 has some great ratings but for me it is kind of pricey - I am very happy with the DeWalt that I got off of Craig's list a few months ago - in my book it is the top of the line in the mid price range:icon_thum Hope that you find one to your liking and at a great deal

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
ToolKing sells it for $900 with the stand when they have it. I don't know if that is a good price or not.

30" huh? Wow, that seems outrageous at first, but I have smacked the throat on my 20" a few times and I remember how bummed I got when I had a 16" saw and tried to cut right at the corners of a 1' square panel. You will almost be able to do 2'x2' panels!

titan04

New User
Josh
Doesn't look like they have the 30" but Woodcraft is have a General 15% off sale for 3 days only coming up real soon, don't have my circular handy at work but could be an option if you are looking for a deal. Though again I think the largest one they carry is the 21"

CarvedTones

Andy
Doesn't look like they have the 30" but Woodcraft is have a General 15% off sale for 3 days only coming up real soon, don't have my circular handy at work but could be an option if you are looking for a deal. Though again I think the largest one they carry is the 21"

Power tools are only 10% (carving tools are 15% :eusa_danc) and I am pretty sure you are right about the 21" being their only option. That 30" saw is a rare beast.

titan04

New User
Josh
Power tools are only 10% (carving tools are 15% :eusa_danc) and I am pretty sure you are right about the 21" being their only option. That 30" saw is a rare beast.

Yeah that is the normal sale... they are having a General tools only sale for 3 days that is 15% on all General power tools and accessories.

CarvedTones

Andy
Oh, now I get it - the capitol G in General was no typo, that is the manufacturer. Thst isn't in the flyer; I guess the General sale is not part of the general sale... :rolf:

steviegwood

New User
Steven
that being a sale for General tools probably will not apply to the excalibur saws then will it? they are made by Seyco aren't they. or is General tools their parent company or something? steve

titan04

New User
Josh
It specifically had a picture of the Excalibur 21 on that part of the flyer from Woodcraft... it is their latest one that came in the mail yesterday for me. It led me to believe any power tool or power tool accessory carrying the General name... it was a sale just for them for 3 days coming up. Just cannot recall which 3 days it was and the new circular isn't up online yet.

titan04

New User
Josh
It is March 12-14th for the General International Tools & Accessories sale at Woodcraft... it is 15% as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS