DaveO

New User
DaveO
Are these even worth buying?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?function=Search

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5853

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

web5853big.jpg

I don't foresee doing a lot of spraying, I mainly make smaller items that a hand applied finish isn't much trouble. But for those larger projects I could really see spraying a finish being a time saver. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a big fancy system for just occasional usage. The price on these rigs would easily be paid off in the time saved on one large finishing project.
Any one have one?
Dave:)

Last edited:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dave
I have one that is like that and sprayed 6 shutters wit a gloss emanuel and it worked great. It does that some time to get the set up right but after that it was a breeze. I think i paid about $100 well worth it for the job I had to do.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I've got a similar one to that from Wagner. It cost $99 at the Depot.

In my opinion, it works MUCH BETTER THAN EXPECTED. It does a great job and is worth every penny in my book. :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Excellent, that is great to hear. I really wasn't looking forward to wiping on stain, and several coats of poly on the cages that I am working on...way too much surface area to cover. I think that I will put it to the test.
Nick don't let my wife know it will spray paint, she have me painting everything in sight. I've been getting out of it lately by mentioning how long it would take me.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now where to get it :eusa_thin???. Harbor Freight, Woodcraft, and Rockler seem to sell the exact same thing. I would go to WC if I could, but that is temporally not possible, because they will stand behind what they sell, and I could get it without waiting. HF has it on sale for $10 less, I could pick it up tomorrow, but will they stand behind it?? Rockler probably would stand behind their product but I hate mail-ordering things.
Oh, the dilemmas of stage one WGD :lol::lol::lol:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Dave, I have the HF version of that and have used it for everything from latex to dye! Since I have never used one of the high dollar sprayers, I can't really compare it with anything, but I've been happy with the results!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Now where to get it :eusa_thin???. Harbor Freight, Woodcraft, and Rockler seem to sell the exact same thing. I would go to WC if I could, but that is temporally not possible, because they will stand behind what they sell, and I could get it without waiting. HF has it on sale for $10 less, I could pick it up tomorrow, but will they stand behind it?? Rockler probably would stand behind their product but I hate mail-ordering things.
Oh, the dilemmas of stage one WGD :lol::lol::lol:

This is the one I bought and you can get it at Home Depot. http://www.gleempaint.com/fine-spray-hvlp-2400.html
gleempaint_1965_3120101

Nativespec

New User
David
I bought one at el harbor freighto. It was a total waste of time. The gun is plastic and was either sticking open or shut.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Ed, I find it interesting you are spraying paint with it. Every thing I have read is HVLP doesn't do too well at latex, you have to thin it add Floetrol.

Did you have to do any of this or do anything special to get it to spray?

I tried spraying straight latex interior paint with my PC PSH1 conversion gun. It sputtered a little, then clogged up. I will say it was a ROYAL pain to clean the gun afterwards as well. Very painful learning lesson for me.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I bought one at el harbor freighto. It was a total waste of time. The gun is plastic and was either sticking open or shut.

It is VERY important that the gun get cleaned thoroughly when done.

IMHO it is just "plastic" but does a good job when kept clean.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nick don't let my wife know it will spray paint, she have me painting everything in sight. I've been getting out of it lately by mentioning how long it would take me.
That is why the LOML let me get one :) It was for the shutters I build but refused to paint :lol::lol::lol:. I did need to add some Floetrol to the paint though for it to spray the Latex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS