DW735 Planer - Add the folding tables or not !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtSnafu

Libraries
Scotty
Hey Everyone,

In the next month or so, I have a DeWalt DW735 planer that I am setting up (not yet used) and I am wanting to ask for opinions...

I am wondering if I should invest in some in/out feed (fold up tables, Item number DW7351) or use as is, or build some in/out feed tables.. What are your thoughts and why?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Glennbear

Glenn
I did not purchase the folding tables for my DW735 and plan on making some due to my unique planer mounting stand. The design of the DW735 minimizes snipe but IMHO some type of support is definitely needed beyond the planer bed. :wsmile:

Bryan S

Bryan
You will want some support, whether you build or buy is up to your preference. If you have more time than money, (I know many of us don't have either) or just like to create it yourself then build or incorporate the tables into a stand.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I thought I could get by without.....but after a week or two bought stamped steel tables.

The reason:

My 735 is on wheels, so any shop made wings would also have to be mobile.

As I have a sloping garage floor, it was impossible to get shop wings to level.

The wings just flip up and down as needed. Also a space saver, as opposed to having another fixture taking up shop floor space.

Hope this helps.

M

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Mine came with them. I don't plane any real long boards...it's not really made for that anyway. Try it and see. Try some roller stands. You can always add the tables if you're getting snipe.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
IMHO the out-feed table could have been a little longer but a 1/2 price plus coupon roller from HF makes up for that.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
IHMO you need the Dewalt tables. Adjust the end of the outfeed table about a dimes thickness higher than the planer table.

RayH

New User
Ray
Mine came with the fold-up tables and I like them. Like Matt, mine is on wheels and it would be difficult to try to match-up with separate tables on each move.:nah:

JMTCW

Ray

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
IMHO the out-feed table could have been a little longer but a 1/2 price plus coupon roller from HF makes up for that.

Ditto on longer, but I tried the HF Rollers, and they kept tipping over (probably cuz of sloped floor)

:BangHead:

Kinda Dangerous too.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Unless you embed the planner into a bench, you'll wish you had the tables. I've seen them on eBay for $25.

Embedded tools...............

Workstable9.jpg

SgtSnafu

Libraries
Scotty
Thanks everyone for the input, I believe I will invest in a set of the fold up extensions. Looked on Ebay and did not any for 25 at the moment, believe I will hit Amazon and get the ones for $50..

Joe – I like your table setup, and had considered doing something like that, but space is a premium in my small shop… When time allows my plans are to put the planer on a rolling flip-top cabinet...

Thanks again everyone for the advice, I do appreciate it…

Cato

New User
Bob
The tables are adjustable and you will like having them, especially if you mount the planer on a rolling cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS