Dust collection hose and where to find it cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Just jumped on a 2hp HF dust collector for $179 - 20% discount (how could I NOT buy it?) and I now need some 4" id hose to hook it to my tools.

I assume that some of the more expensive hoses have a smoother inside and are made of a heavier plastic but is there a good on-line or local (Raleigh) source for "good" 4" flex hose? Is there a certain brand or style that is just too thin and collapses?

BTW, I plan to get the Wynn canister filter so that is already in the plan.

M

McRabbet

I would check Redmond Machinery in Newnan, GA for both flexible hose and clamps. They have 4" clear Polyethylene flexible hose for under $30 for a 20' length. Browse their Blades, Bits & More > Accessories > Dust Collection for lots of good DC stuff. I purchased their 6" wire hose clamps for my 6" flex and they were under $1 each, but still good quality.

lottathought

New User
Michael
I bought some dust collection hose a few months back.
I did find some cheap but it was as thick as a beach ball.
Best to spend a little more and get something that will last.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21515

not sure if it helps but under accessories they have compressed hoses that expand out from 3'/4' to 21'/28' feet. I plan on getting one of these eventually.

I have a catalog by my throne at home, kinda suprised these aren't listed under hoses as well. Took me abit to find them online.

thesource

New User
Rick
David,
You don't need to go out of state to get flex hose.

Three companies that support this site through advertising, all have pretty much anything you might need as far as dust collection, and all other types of woodworking equipment.
There's a Klingspor and Woodcraft in Raleigh, and farther west in Mooresville is The Woodworking Source.

All three also have online shopping carts to save you the gas.
Click one of their ads on the right side of the page.

Glennbear

Glenn
As Rick pointed out good hose is available from the local vendors who support NCWW. I have used the Shop Fox brand hose for a couple years now and have found no fault with it. The Woodworking Source sells that brand and it is made in the good old US of A. :wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
David many of our sponsors offer special discounts to our members. Yes they won't carry everything and at times you can get better deals elsewhere but 9 time out of 10 you will be happy you shopped local. We all win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS