Drywall Screw Gun Review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
The best drywall screw gun I ever saw was in the hands of the last guy to hang drywall for me. His partners screw gun worked well also. :gar-La;

Wrong time of year to hang drywall. Sub it out!!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
A Hilti with the Hose attachment. Great tool, even better worker. No *****in, already done.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
if you're not going to use it for years on end most any of the popular brands will be fine. don't bother with the dimpler.:nah: they are ok for patch work but not if you are hanging a few rooms. I have the millwaukie magnum. it is slower than the drywall guns but has the power to do other things as well.:icon_thum most drywall guns spin around 4000 RPM mine is around 2500 RPM. it works much better IMO in wood studs or heavy guage metal studs. Mine is over 20 years old and still going strong.:eusa_clap I have driven 6" lag screws with it into laminated 2x4's!:gar-Bi YMMV......

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got the slow speed Porter Cable & a Hi speed PC & Dewalt as well. The slow PC works great for drywall on either metal studs or wood. The advantage of this gun is it also works with hex head screws in metal roofing on wood or metal purlins. The stop is adjustable so you can preset the depth for most any screw. I've gotten good service from all 3 but I'm like other folks here. The best ones I know of are in someone else's hands working on drywall.:gar-Bi

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I can tell you what NOT to get, and that's a "Quick drive" system. One of the more disappointing tool purchases that I've made (and there haven't been many...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors