Drum Sander

Bill J

Bill
User
I'm thinking of buying a drum sander during the black Friday sales. The Jet 16-32 is on sale as are a few other brands. Any feedback specifically on the Jet or recommendations for other brands? The Grizzly is a great price too.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I have a Jet (22/44) and it has performed well. I have had it for about 5 years, and I really don't know what I did without it, because it has come into play on just about all the projects I have built since I purchased it. (The only frustration I have experienced is replacing the paper...sometimes it goes without a hitch and on other occasions I have to fiddle with it.)

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I also have the Jet 22/44. It works well. I love it. Changing the paper can be a hassle.

Charles in Richmond

New User
Charles
I think I have the jet 16-32. I got it for very cheap, so I'm ok with it - 100 or so. But I'm not a fan, wouldn't recommend it. All the usual jet issues, ie state of the art 1950s design that needs constant tweaking and makes one think - someone must have come up with a better way to do this... The moving belt in particular

Whitfield

Wells T.
User
I've also been babysitting a friend's DeltaX drum sander which I strenuously unrecommend. It would bog down sanding a saltine.

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
I have a Grizzly G1066 which works reasonably well. It sat dormant in a marginal environment for ten+ years after my dad passed so some minor problems I’ve had could be due to neglect.
I’m running 100 and 150 grit on the drums and it leaves a nice surface as long as I don’t try to take off too much material at a time. Changing paper is a two person job unless I grow another arm.
I have no experience with any other brand as this one was free for hauling

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I'm looking at the JET JWDS-2244OSC Oscillating Drum Sander once my workshop is done and I'm up and running. Talked to several owners and they all like it.

Red

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS