Drill Bit Set - Any Advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Hi all!
I'm looking to replace my aging set of dull hi speed steel drill bits. Any advice on the different types (cobalt, gold tipped, etc...) to consider? I'd like to get a good quality set of bits covering a range of sizes. I'll likely dedicate 'em to wood, but may be used for metal also.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Best
Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
T

toolferone

I agree with DaveO, get that set and if you always wear out or break a certain size then replace that one with a good one.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
If your existing set is only dull and NOT brad points, the Drill Dr. would be the way to go. You can re-sharpen a dull bit in less than a minute. Why throw them away and buy more when you can buy a POWER :tool:?

Just my .02,

Nativespec

New User
David
Woodcraft sells a red metal box full of bits with about 20 or 25 of each size for around $30 (I think).

David

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Woodcraft sells a red metal box full of bits with about 20 or 25 of each size for around $30 (I think).David

I could go for that. I'll bet it's full. It wouldn't take me long to burn through twenty 1/8" and 1/4" bits, but if I had 20 19/64ths that might last a while. And for $30! A deal.

:gar-La; Yeah, I know what you meant, but it sure weren't what you wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS