Drawer Slides Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Anyone have a good source for quality drawer slides? I may have asked this before, but am just getting around to actually picking up some. They are just for shop cabs, but I am pretty sure I can get a quality slide elsewhere for what the borg wants for the cheap ones.

M

McRabbet

Brandon,

I buy mine from Custom Service Hardware in Cedarburg, Wisconsin (1-800-882-0009). Their 39.1170 series are full extension, 100# slides that are Accuride 3800/KV 8400 replacement are available in 10" to 28" lengths (in 2" increments) for $6.48 to $8.57/pair. They are available in a self closing model for a little more in 14" - 22" sizes. They also have brackets if you need them for face frames or rear socket. I buy all of my cabinet hardware from them, including screws, hinges, lights, pulls and latches. Minimum order is $50 and shipping is nominal, with no sales tax -- my most recent order was for a big project I'm working on now was for $700 with $43 in shipping. Call them for a catalog. It included 14 sets of drawer slides and they are excellent, IMHO. Be sure to order some Slide screws, too -- they are undercut flatheads that work great in 1/2" Baltic Birch that I use to make my drawer boxes.

BTW, I found their web-based store to be a PITA, so I wrote up my order from their catalog in a spreadsheet and emailed it to them with instructions to contact me for my credit card number. I had everything in less than a week, no backorders.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
We used Custom Service Hardware on Rob's recommendation, and have been very satisfied with the product we got, and the client loves it in the application. I second that the website is a bit of a PITA to use, but the catalog can make me drool. Considering doing a kitchen in their flatpack sets for the next job, if the client likes the looks. I know I do, and it would really do something to keep my costs down:eusa_danc

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
just checked out Brad's link, not a great selection available, but if the prices listed are case prices, they are pretty darn good prices!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Charlotte Hardwoods, a Wurth group company carries both Blum, and Hettic brands, along with their own generic brand. Their gen. brand is competive with other "China made" slides. Also check with Woodworkers Supply in Graham. They do sometimes offer free delivery to shops on orders over fifty bucks. They also carry a gen. brand. On checking with CHS on some 28" slides, the freight made them much cheaper locally even with tax. Added about $3.00 to each slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS