DP Table Extension Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I finally whipped up some quick wings for my drill press tabletop, just in time for my park bench restoration project:

DP_TblWings_closed-dscf0824.jpg

Material is 1/2 inch birch shop-grade ply from Lowes, and the right-hand wing is hinged to keep it out of the way when using the lathe:

DP_Wings_open-dscf0818.jpg

Threaded inserts are used on both sides for attachment; the 1/4-20 hex bolts may be seen stored in the inserts in this shot.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Pretty cool how you hinged the right side. I am actually looking at building one of those for my cheapo drill press. You have given me the inspiration that I need to get started. Thank You

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nifty idea, John!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

I believe I have the same DP. Now you got my 'wheels a turnin':eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin.

Great idea!:widea:

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:eusa_clap:eusa_clapThat's the best simple solution I've seen!

You've inspired me! I plan to copy you to the letter!
:widea:

Thanks, man.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice solution John, drill press tables are infamous for their lack of real estate. I like your shop sign, that motto justifies the usual state of my workspace :gar-La;

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
I like it Johnpipe. I might have to borrow some of your ideas too.

I was wondering what that was under your drill press to the left, red with a levered handle?

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Originally Posted by Dutchman
I was wondering what that was under your drill press to the left, red with a levered handle?

If that is brass I see on the table, I would say he is a reloader.

George

Right in one! I reload the .303 British for my #4 Mark I Enfield WWII rifle, but my favorite is the Trapdoor Springfield Cavalry Carbine in U.S. Govt 45-70, model of 1873:

trapdoor-oldbbl.jpg

I built the carbine from a cut-down "Fake Springfield" originally produced by Francis Bannerman, using a modern-made replica stock and buttplate and original Springfield Armory parts obtained from Dixie Gun Works.

And of course, there's my home-brewed cobobolo peep sight which I added last year:

3rdbas3mntd4-dscf0475.jpg

I use a black powder loading, those are the empty shells seen in the photo, and the red item is a Lee basic reloading press.

A nice loud BOOM! ... and lots of smoke!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's a great solution to save space. Imagine that - being able to clamp things to your drill press!

KC7CN

New User
Don
What a concept! :icon_thum I wouldn't know what to do with a real table extension. Good idea, good design. I like it! :eusa_danc

-Don

BarryC

New User
Barry
Oh great another good idea to add to my ever increasing list of things to make for the shop....

Really nice job on the extensions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors