Double Tapered Spindles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:notworthy:Does ANYONE know where I might access some double tapered spindles/dowels? I need them for a couple deacon's benches we are attempting to build.

(Darksiders, PLEASE don't tell me how easy it is to turn these things from dowels! :nah: I don't have access to a decent lathe, even if I was inclined to try it!!)

I was hoping that there is a source that sells these in differing lengths and diameters.

ALL input appreciated!!

:notworthy:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Reggie you know what my answer would be. But seeing as you are shunning the DIY method, I Googled and found nothing. It looks like what you're looking for is too simple to be purchased...most folks just make their own. But seeing as you are a "dark side" hater, I would be willing to turn those for you. Let me know what you need, and I am sure that I could crank them out.

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Reggie you know what my answer would be. But seeing as you are shunning the DIY method, I Googled and found nothing. It looks like what you're looking for is too simple to be purchased...most folks just make their own. But seeing as you are a "dark side" hater, I would be willing to turn those for you. Let me know what you need, and I am sure that I could crank them out.

Davie, you're a good lad! :icon_thum

I really don't HATE Darksiding or Darksiders, just doesn't "flip my switch!"

This is really a small thing, as we only need a total of 8 per bench, and they are 3 different lengths. We'll figure something out. I had the same luck as you when I Googled.

Thanks, Bud.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Davie, you're a good lad! :icon_thum

I really don't HATE Darksiding or Darksiders, just doesn't "flip my switch!"

This is really a small thing, as we only need a total of 8 per bench, and they are 3 different lengths. We'll figure something out. I had the same luck as you when I Googled.

Thanks, Bud.

Let me know what I can do for you. Unlike Pete I have a parting tool and can make spindles to size easily :gar-La;

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Reggie :get Dave the specs you need and when he gets them made I will deliver them when I come up for some more cyprss in a couple of weeks.
dick.

J

jeff...

Reggie pick yourself up and dust yourself off already You haven't fell just yet :confused_ But be careful you already know the power of the darkside

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Reggie pick yourself up and dust yourself off already You haven't fell just yet :confused_ But be careful you already know the power of the darkside

No worries, jeff. I may waver, but I'll never fall into that pit!!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Reggie :get Dave the specs you need and when he gets them made I will deliver them when I come up for some more cyprss in a couple of weeks.
dick.

We have a plan with the logistics figured out already :icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
dick.

Dick: Hang tight. I'm planning to come down your way to visit Scott Smith, so I can bring your stuff. The 1" boards are still a couple weeks away, at least.

Let me know how much you want this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS