Domino Alive and Well in Myrtle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
My domino also arrived and I put it to use yesterday. WOW, this is some tool. For all you others who are getting one I did run across a small glitch in the operation of it. If you are cutting a mortise slot with the Domino set in the widest position and turn it off; the width selector will remain locked in that position while it is off. It has to be brought back under power to move the switch to a narrower position. If it is turned of in either of the two narrower width positions, the switch will move freely to any of the three positions while it is turned off. I have been told that this is common to all the Dominos but have heard the reason from Festool yet. When I get the answer, I will post it. So that this post is considered valid, I attach the following:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Official SUCKAGE is justly due. I wish I could get one of those :eusa_droo

Dave:)

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

Congrats on the addition. Hope it makes you happy.

How much of a chunk did it take from the TB (tool budget)

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Basic tool cost from WoodCraft was 660.00 Got the lamello sold so it is a couple hundred difference. Definately worth the upgrade cost. I am not sure I will keep the other Systainer with the assortment of tennons. That is 200.00 and am not sure it is worth it. I have always made my own tennons from the same species of wood that I happen to be working with at the time. I usually keep a stock of material for tennons in the thicknesses I most often use.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Congrats Dino!
It matches the other green equipment you have.:lol:
Patiently waiting on my ship to come in.
Mark

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Kind of disgusting that the Festool green matches the Felder green.

Congrats Dino! Look forward to your thoughts after you use it for awhile.

alleng

New User
allen
WOW you guys with the dominos SUCK!!!!,ID SETTLE FOR A BIUSKIT JOYNER:crybaby2: mabie someday:eusa_pray

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Dino, there's a great review of all the features and methods of using the Domi here... Festool DF 500 Q Domino Jointer . I plan on using this to help with my Domino. Has some nice videos as well. Bill is a member at Sawmill Creek and Woodnet as well. :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Validation denoted with an asterisk for the Feldor color match. :icon_thum

YOU SUCK!

And we're glad for you!
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors