Doing as I was told

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjscottinnc

New User
Mike
So I was told to introduce myself and I always do what I'm told to do. Found this site while looking for wood. I have been designing and building wood furniture and specialty items for the past 35+ years. I had a farmer with a saw mill who cut and air dried all my wood while I was living in Pennsylvania. Kind of looking for the same thing here.

BTW, hi!

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Mike,

Welcome to the forum. This is the most friendly group of people you will ever meet. The vast knowledge that is present is incredible. There are several people on the forum who saw lumber and sale to the other members. I have also seen several people from New Bern on the forum. Dust off a chair and join in the conversation.

Steve

Sully

New User
jay
Mike,

Welcome aboard. I'm just up the road from you about 45-50 minutes in Washington. Me and dad cut a lot of trees on the farm on a regular basis and have a very good sawyer who comes in to mill it. He has a portable mill and travels far and wide to saw lumber. Let me know if you are interested in any of this.

Again welcome aboard!

Jay

mjscottinnc

New User
Mike
Hi Jay,

I'd be interested, what are you planning to cut? Is there a minimum I need to buy? What is the cost?

I almost related my business to Washington when we moved south. I liked the area, great river front, the best shrimp and grits I have ever eaten was from a restaurant in downtown Washington, lots of sailors, the history in Washington, Bath and Belhaven, the proximity to shopping in Greenville (the wife liked that), my wife and I even started looking at homes to purchase. But I kept looking and driving south on 17 and she just fell in love with New Bern, same distance to shopping and closer to the beach (she was sold).

Let me know.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Mike, welcome to NCWW and to North Carolina. You've picked a great place to be.

At the top of this page, in the brownish, horizontal menu bar, there is one titled "woodworking in nc". In the drop-down menu, click on "Sawyers". You'll find a list. I think you're in region 4. But Jay sounds like a good bet for you.

Bill

Sully

New User
jay
I'll send you a private message with details. I would post them here but it sounds too much like advertising -- which it is :gar-Bi. We normally ask folks advertising wood for sale to use a different forum. Anyway, I'll send a PM your way.

Jay

Hi Jay,

I'd be interested, what are you planning to cut? Is there a minimum I need to buy? What is the cost?

I almost related my business to Washington when we moved south. I liked the area, great river front, the best shrimp and grits I have ever eaten was from a restaurant in downtown Washington, lots of sailors, the history in Washington, Bath and Belhaven, the proximity to shopping in Greenville (the wife liked that), my wife and I even started looking at homes to purchase. But I kept looking and driving south on 17 and she just fell in love with New Bern, same distance to shopping and closer to the beach (she was sold).

Let me know.

kernnal

New User
Eric
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum....I too live in New Bern, so let me know if you need anything.

Eric

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to our site, Mike!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Glad to see you join us and look forward to reading your future posts!

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our virtual sawdust pile, Mike. Glad you've found a second home!

navy1990

New User
Matt
Mike,

Welcome to the better part of North Carolina. :gar-Bi There seems to be a severe lack of woodworkers down east. I'm not that far from you in Jacksonville. Would love to see some pics of your work. Welcome to the best group of folks you could ever meet.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors