Do not use pro stone granite co

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

New User
Steve
I just threw the crew from Pro Stone off my job!! I built a new screen porch and outdoor kitchen which we hired Pro Stone to install the granite top...

First, the installers showed up and walked through my new landscaping, crushing plants along the way. I asked them to use the side walk which must have made them mad.

Then the guy who made the template forgot to tell them they needed to notch the granite to go around my grill. The installer got ticked and called that guy and was yelling at him from what I could interpret.

He then started throwing things around and was not being careful to not scratch or damage my newly built cabinets and grill. I called the company and told them what was going on. They called him and he handed the phone to me stating, you talk to them!!

After explaining the situation, his boss said, "he is just having a bad day".
Then the installer cut the notch wrong and basically told me it would look bad but oh well.

OH WELL...I told him to leave. :kamahlitu

I called the company and they made no apologies and did not try to make it right or re schedule another installer.

Just another example of poor customer service. I guess they have to much work to deal with losing a customer... must be nice in this economy.

Anyone know a reputable company that I can get another estimate from in the Greensboro area?

dave

New User
Dave
Wow, sorry to hear that. I don't understand how companies with such low regard for their customers stay in business. Hope you find someone good to finish it up.

Also, I've never used it, but something like this might be good to "rate" on Angie's List. I thought of it, cause I've seen so many commercials for it lately.

DWSmith

New User
David
Sounds like Pro Stone and my alarm company, Protection Systems are related.

Called them on the 16th to schedule an install of an alarm leg to my out side HVAC. The salesman came out Friday, quoted a price and said they would be there Monday to work with the HVAC installers. Monday came and went, then Tuesday someone called to say they would be there on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went so I called the salesman. On Thursday a tech came out to inspect. He didn't have time enough to run the wire or do anything but was able to waste 20 minutes telling about how bad the Davidson County Family Court was. If he had time to complain he had time to work.

The tech showed up again on Friday, unprepared. He used my ladders to run the wire, used an office chair in the office to climb up somewhere leaving dirty footprints in the seat, asked me how I wanted the switch installed, came back 15 minutes later stating it wouldn't work on my HVAC then another excuse about my keypad not being the correct one for programming. I suppose he left for the day since he was in his personal car.

Monday no one showed up. On Tuesday at 12:30 I took down the wire he installed, coiled it up and threw it in front of my building along with the other 500 feet he left in the coil and called the company to tell them I was tired of waiting, come pick up the wire and I will find another company. Today an installed showed up, I supposed to do the work, but I told him to pick up the wire and leave, then shut the door. He looked surprised!

I really don't see how some companies stay in business with such a poor work attitude and ethic.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
You guys did what 90% of their customers won't do. #1 You recognized you're getting a sorry job. #2 You had enough intestinal fortitude to call them on it. #3 You didn''t allow them to drag it on and on and kicked them out. Most people dont have enough sense to know when they're being taken for a ride. Most people would pay up front for the privilege!:swoon:
I watched a show on HGTV a few Sunday nights ago called Holmes on Homes. This guy finds the pitiful homeowners who have been taken advantage of by slacker contractors and sorry work and shows what they do and how to fix the disasters they cause. Definitely worth checking out.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Political rants aside...(I don't think it has anything to do with it...We've had plenty of sorry Electricians, Tile Installers, Carpenters, Home Security Installers, etc no matter who was in the White House, Congress or Raleigh) You guys did what 90% of their customers won't do. #1 You recognized you're getting a sorry job. #2 You had enough intestinal fortitude to call them on it. #3 You didn''t allow them to drag it on and on and kicked them out. Most people dont have enough sense to know when they're being taken for a ride. Most people would pay up front for the privilege!:swoon:
I watched a show on HGTV a few Sunday nights ago called Holmes on Homes. This guy finds the pitiful homeowners who have been taken advantage of by slacker contractors and sorry work and shows what they do and how to fix the disasters they cause. Definitely worth checking out.

If nothing else I hope that show serves as a notice to homeowners to check out a contractor thoroughly before hiring them. It is crazy how poor some of those jobs are done.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Holmes on Homes (and Holmes Inspection) are great shows to watch if you are planning on doing any remodeling.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Use Angie's list and don't forget the BBB. Also did you talk to the Manager of the company's that gave you the problems? Did you go on line and search to find the owners names? You can also wright letters and snail mail them to the 'highest ups'. Call channel 11 trouble shooter Diane Wilson.

Berta:widea:

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Use Angie's list and don't forget the BBB. Also did you talk to the Manager of the company's that gave you the problems? Did you go on line and search to find the owners names? You can also wright letters and snail mail them to the 'highest ups'. Call channel 11 trouble shooter Diane Wilson.

Berta:widea:
If you do snail mail make sure you send it certified mail so you have proof they received the letter expressing your grievances.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I second the BBB. It gets results and it is so easy to do.:icon_thum I've used them a few times.

Just go to bbb.org and enter your zip code.

Click "Check out a business or charity." Search for the business. When the list comes up, click on the business name. On the right click "File a Complaint."

You can use bbb.org even if the company is not accredited by the BBB.

The BBB will forward your complaint and bug the company until you get a response. If you are not satisfied and the BBB agrees, they will post the results of your complaint so that everyone sees it.

You could also use bbb.org to check out a company before you hire them.

bbb.org is also a good way to get phone numbers and addresses for companies.

By the way, looks like Pro Stone is not accredited with the BBB (although they are listed). IMHO, always a danger sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS