Do I NEED a new router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Chuck
If you're set on getting a bigger router, don't forget the Milwaukee 3.5HP (model 5625). It's got built in above-the-table adjustment and it can be pretty regularly found on sale under $200. (mine should arrive tomorrow :eusa_danc )
IIRC, McRob has this model and is very happy with it.

Yep! It is a real workhorse and adjusts from above the table fairly easily without the added expense of a powered router lift.

McRob -- actually Rob/McRabbet

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
One option not mentioned is the Delta Router shaper.
It is a little tempermental but it has a lot of features for the money.
Due to its' speed it is perfect for panel raising with larger diameter bits.
It has enough power, a built in raiser,it can use 1/4 and 1/2" shank bits.
A while back the blue Borg was selling them out on clearance, they also show up used occasionally.
You can also do it on a table saw similar to making a cove molding.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Eagle,
If this is the one you're talking about, the SH100, I do believe that it's been discontinued. I coudn't find one for sale online. But, as you suggested, that doesn't mean that one couldn't be found.
B00006K00P.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Yep, that's the one.
I don't use it often.
I normally have no need for a fancy router table.A piece of plywood or melamine and a couple of clamps does a pretty good job. Not enough floor space in my shop for something that can be made pretty quickly.Some of the router stations I have seen are beautiful but much too fancy for me.They look more like a show piece or a piece of furniture.
I believe "form follows function" and "It don't have to be pretty, it just has to work."
For small stuff I Use the one you refrenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS