DJ20 Jointer wiring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I am using 220 power for the Jointer But wondered if I can make the cord going from the outlet to the Jointer about 10-12 feet long will that hurt anything? The wire is 10-3 and heavily insulted stranded wire. I'm trying to not have to run another 220.

T

toolferone

Yup, all is good. That distance is not to far at all. The only interesting thing is supposedly you are not supposed to use an extension cord that has a larger wire size then is in the wall. I don't remember why though.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Jon, I had a similar issue with my dust collector and found that buying an extension cord (with the appropriate wire) was less expensive than buying the needed cable. Cut off the ends that are not needed and wire directly to the machine. The ones I am using are orange and they are more visible on the floor.

Roy

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Jon, I had a similar issue with my dust collector and found that buying an extension cord (with the appropriate wire) was less expensive than buying the needed cable. Cut off the ends that are not needed and wire directly to the machine. The ones I am using are orange and they are more visible on the floor.

Roy

That is a very true statement. When I was upgrading my Delta bandsaw I was going to buy some 12-3 wire and a male 110V plug. It was cheaper to buy a drop cord and cut the unneeded end off of it.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
the cord and end was only 8 dollars so I made my own. Or well I stopped for lunch and then I will go finish

M

McRabbet

I use NEMA L6-20 plugs/receptacles on my 240V/20 Amp circuits (Tablesaw and Shaper) and L6-30's on my Woodmaster Drum Sander. All of them have hard-wired cords that are 10/3 with separate equipment ground wire. The advantage of using these twist lock plugs is they don't fall out. I also just bought some #10/2 NM wire for my new dust collector and paid more than $1/foot for it -- copper has gone sky-high!

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I got the cord from a MAn at Lowes hardware it was supposed to be 1.82 a foot but he marked it at 42 cents a foot I told him the correct price he said "I know" And said have a good day. SO I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS