DJ-20 help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Anyone ever take the infeed table off of a Delta DJ-20 jointer? I think I have a problem with one of the parallelogram supports on the cutter end and want to remove the table to check it out?

Monty

New User
Monty
I have never done this, but I'd be interested in your findings. What is the problem you're having?

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I have never done this, but I'd be interested in your findings. What is the problem you're having?

With table locked, when I lift up on the end of the infeed table there is movement, a little play that may be affecting alignment of the infeed table. When I got the jointer a few years back I had a little accident unloading it. At the time I didn't think there was any damage, but later I found a small piece of cast iron, that looks like it broke off of something, laying in the driveway. It has half a hole in it, looks like half a pillow block. After noticing the play in the infeed table I am wondering if the piece may be one end of a parallelogram arm or mechanism. The exploded art for the DJ-20 doesn't show that mechanism.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Yikes! I hope it's nothing serious. I don't know of any info on the net on this, other than the exploded art on the Delta web site, which it sounds like you already have... good luck!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Alan, it sounds like you may have to sell this DJ-20 dirt cheep, considering it is now a broken hunk, just waiting for the scrap heap. I volunteer to take it off your hands! :lol:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the DJ20, but I do not have any play in mine. It does sound like you broke something as you say. Fortunately, I have not had to take mine apart.

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I have the DJ20, but I do not have any play in mine. It does sound like you broke something as you say. Fortunately, I have not had to take mine apart.

I works well enough to finish the workbench, but after that's done I'm going to take a break and first clean the shop and finally putting everything away. then I'm going to take some time to do some machine tune ups. I have several that could use a check-up and tune up, and some that I want to do modifications to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS