Are you planning to join us for lunch? Sat, Jan 17, 1pm, Tupelo's, H'borough

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Good reminder about the interesting folk at the meet, Randy. Many thanks to the MWTCA folks for putting on such a great event. :icon_thum :icon_thum

Attendees included: Roy Underhill, iron/metal smiths from Colonial Williamsburg, and Dr. Robert Hart, the country doctor, who runs the 1840 village near Hickory.

Folks, you don't know what you missed :mrgreen:

Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
Roger, I mustn't have been paying attention, as I didn't see Roy Underhill. Oh, well -- when I get to looking at stuff, I sort of tune out everything else.:nah:
Sorry, Chris, the tools are already out in my shop and I turned the heat off out there - the pics will have to wait, as I'm comfortably sitting here in front of a nice warm fire with my laptop, while watching the goldfinches and siskins fueling up one last time before the sun goes down.

:kermit: Steve

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I had a great time!

Thanks Randy (Ozzie-x) for helping me locate a few planes - Stanley No. 5, No. 4, block plane. He has a keen eye for quality and helped me find some very nice toys.

Pics will have to wait. I took a few hours away from our Boy Scout winter camporee to attend the MWTCA event and just got home. We tent camped Friday and Sat night, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I had a good time, picked up a few toys, got to meet a bunch of cool folks that share a common interest, and eat a nice lunch and share a good cold beverage with a few of them. Life is Good!! :eusa_danc

Chuck

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
All I see are pics of lunch...no tools...didn't happen ;-)

Chris here is my proof. A vintage Starrett Square. The rule is pitted but it is still very functional. BTW it cost me $35.

starrett_square.jpg

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
I was one of the NCWW newbies at the event. Whet my appetitie on the old/hand tool area. Got to meet Roy Underhill - his school in Pittsboro sounds like it will be interesting. And of course finally putting faces with handles/names for all of you out in woodworker land!

Great lunch, great friends, great day! :eek:ccasion1

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS