Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
not mine!

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1685827044.html
Dewalt Scroll Saw - $250 (Apex)

Date: 2010-04-10, 3:11PM EDT
Reply to: sale-ttgac-1685827044@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Dewalt DW 788 20" Scroll Saw in good condition. Cash only.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n53k73p15Z35Q55U4a4ae3703db730e61209.jpg
3n33od3l85Y65R65S3a4af34dc536443a13ea.jpg

PostingID: 1685827044

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I'm probably going out to look at it this afternoon. Anything I should be wary of? From the blurry picture is appears to be a Type 2 though she said they've had it for 11 years....

Thanks,

Travis

sawduster

New User
Robert
I'm probably going out to look at it this afternoon. Anything I should be wary of? From the blurry picture is appears to be a Type 2 though she said they've had it for 11 years....

Thanks,

Travis

I think it is a type one ....it;s blurry but it looks like a one to me :eusa_pray

Table should swing back and forth smoothly and " lock " on zero ....actually a small ball bearing falls into place at zero and you should be able to feel it . It's not strong but it should be noticeable
Ideally the hole in the table that the blade passes through should be clean . If it is misshapen or chewed up in places it is an indication that it has been used by someone who wasn't familiar with the process and has put a lot of side/front pressure on their work. Not a deal breaker but just something to be aware of
Top arm should move up and down smoothly without rubbing or catching
Tensioning lever should tighten the blade at 4.5 or less ( max is 5 )
You could take a straight edge to make sure the table is flat but it is probably moot on one that old as it wasn't a prob until they went to type 2 and even then it wasn't every one that had the prob
Lastly it should run smooth , no vibration or knocking . Even a small knock is something that will only get worse over time
I don't see a light and that will run ya about $25 . Stand is about $100 unless you build your own

Looks like a good deal to me :icon_thum

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I spoke to Travis late yesterday afternoon. Hopefully he will be along soon to post unless he is in jail for outright larceny... :)

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I spoke to Travis late yesterday afternoon. Hopefully he will be along soon to post unless he is in jail for outright larceny... :)

Ahhhh hahahahahah ah ah ahhahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha..... THEY'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!!!!

I'm getting ready to work on my gloat thread... stay tuned.

b4man

New User
Barbara
ok Travis, this thread will be closed only because you have stated a gloat is comin':icon_thum

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS