Desk or clamp rack??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
This will turn out to be an Executive desk or a clamp rack, it's hard to tell which right now. Desk is Wenge and Zebrawood. Top should look similar, if my supplier ever gets me another Wenge board.

desk4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Expensive clamp rack there Skeeter. :lol: That is going to be an impressive desk. Is it a commission piece?

skeeter

New User
Charles
Splinter, I'm not sure. I was building it for myself, but a neighbor saw it and loved the wood. Even after telling how much the Wenge and Zebrawood cost, she wants it bad. I'm sure I could be forced to build two.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Splinter, I'm not sure. I was building it for myself, but a neighbor saw it and loved the wood. Even after telling how much the Wenge and Zebrawood cost, she wants it bad. I'm sure I could be forced to build two.

Sounds like a plan to me.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like it, the combination of the Wenge and Zebrawood works very well together. I would have to vote going with the desk plan, because if it's gonna end up as a clamp rack you're gonna have to get a whole bunch of expensive Bessy clamps to do it justice...those quick-grips just won't fly :lol::lol::lol::lol:.
That top sounds stunning, please show us when you have it glued up.
Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
I vote for the desk although it is doing a great job as a clamp rack right now. :rolf:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I love the look of wenge and zebrawood!! :icon_thum

I am impressed that you glued up the entire assembly. That's a lot of glue to spread and clamps to set. Looks pretty doggone good from here though. Are those M&T flat frames and didja use yellow glue?

Oh, it looks very nice as a high end clamp rack "for the woodworker who has everything". :lol::lol:

My mind went somewhere else when you described how the neighbor wants it bad...:slap:

Chuck

skeeter

New User
Charles
Yes Chuck, styles and rails are M/T joints. Muntin tenons are glued into the rabbits. Zebrawood panels have about 1 inch of glue in center of each long section. I bought a bottle of "Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue for Dark Woods" but chickened out before using it because I'd never tried it before. I later tried it on some scrap wood and it seems to hold really good. Anyone have an opinion on this glue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors