Decisions -NCWW finances & Changes in Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
This is just a restatement of the conclusion I came to in the other thread. I wanted to seperate it out, becuase in long threads some posts get lost and this is too important to get lost.

The only dues that I want people to pay is their visit frequency, the thing that determines DQ. Other than that, I want the site and its community to stay what it has been, FREE. The only real differences will be that I
1. will shortly accept donations.
2. Will be charging for website hosting
3. Will probably have to do some limited advertising.

Items 2 and 3, I will address in other threads, later when I can actually do something about them:gar-La; So back to donations.

1. No donation drives, thermometers, goals.
2. No Subscriptions, dues, pay for extra service, etc.
3. No special recognition or privileges for donors however much or little they contribute.
4. No designating, what a contribution can be used for. The donations will be used as a supplement to the funds I provide for the maintenance and I hope betterment of the whole North Carolina Woodworker community.
5. The donor list and the amount contributed will be confidential. Only I, my wife, and my accountant will know who and how much was contributed.
6. To be decided will be, whether or not, I will publish a summary accounting and how often that would be.
7. Finally, I reserve the right to change my mind on some of the above:rotflm:

Many of you will feel that with those restrictions, I won't raise a lot money. I agree. But I don't want to mess with the chemistry that has made our community what it has become.

Many of you have mentioned many times and in many places how much NCWW has meant to you. Well, it means even more to me. Thank you all very much. So, I have no problem keeping my current expenditure level, if I must. I just would like to keep it from growing too much more.

Also, I guess I better mention this.

If the members start donation drives or fill the board with various ways to raise money for the site, it will have the same negative affect on chemistry as if I was doing it, so I really don't want that to happen.

This thread and a couple of others that I will start about finances will be the only places to really discuss this. When those threads run their course, then that should be the end of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS