DaveO's wood deal part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well my buddy arrived yesterday with a truck of wood for me to sell. It wasn't as much as I had originally thought due to very picky grading (he tried to send only the best boards).

Woodhaul009.jpg

I ended up with 150 BF of 9" or wider 4/4 Red Oak. 135 BF of 10" or wider 4/4 Walnut and a 125 BF of 12/4 Red Oak and 1 Walnut beam.

Woodhaul012.jpg

We separated the Walnut into the back of my truck and then started to unload the Red Oak into the barn

Woodhaul013.jpg

Woodhaul014.jpg

The widest of the Red Oak

Woodhaul015.jpg

Stacked and stickered in my "barn"

Woodhaul017.jpg

Then came the Walnut, I am storing it in my shop. This is some of the most beautiful Walnut I have ever seen. Most of it has a purplish hue to it and the board have none to very little sapwood on them. It all came from two trees so getting good color match from several boards will be very easy.
Starting the stack in the shop

Woodhaul020.jpg

A few choice boards

Woodhaul021.jpg

Woodhaul023.jpg

The Walnut stack with some turning blanks, 12/4 beam, one non-end-coated drying failure (more turning wood).

Woodhaul025.jpg

That stack also has the 16" wide RO board and some QS 4/4 RO that I pulled out on it.
I planed one of the Walnut board to see what it looked like. This was the worst board and shortest so it was on top of the stack..the rest is much better.

Woodhaul029.jpg

Woodhaul031.jpg

I wish my camera could accurately portray the color of this Walnut, it is spectacular.

I am selling the 4/4 Red Oak for $2.50 a BF
4/4 Walnut for $5.00 a BF
12/4 Red Oak and Walnut- let's talk price
turning blanks and split beam - let's talk price too.

Let me know if anyone want some. It is located at my house in Clayton 3 miles from I-40 exit 312. PM me for directions.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave:)

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice haul DaveO :icon_thum

Bet we see some cool stuff coming outta it down the road :mrgreen:

Sapwood

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
very nice walnutwood. To save some time in the future you dont have to sticker wood that under 19% moisture content. That beam is a stress split that wouldn't have been prevented with anchor seal but it could make someone some fabulous 2" leg turning stock :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Kyle said:
very nice walnutwood. To save some time in the future you dont have to sticker wood that under 19% moisture content. That beam is a stress split that wouldn't have been prevented with anchor seal but it could make someone some fabulous 2" leg turning stock :)

Thanks Kyle, I wish I had known about not needing to sticker the stack before I stickered it :eusa_doh: I agree that the split beam will be great turning stock and all 4 legs will be from the same stock for a great color match.
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No replies is making me worried. Hopefully it's just the Easter weekend. I got all this wood because there seemed to be interest in it. I can't afford all of it and must sell most of it. Plus I can barely move around my shop with the stack of Walnut in there :eusa_doh:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I don't need any wood at this time but my first thought when I saw the pics was how difficult it would be for me to let it leave my possession once it came into my yard. Have no fear, you will only have to worry about what pieces you wish to keep. The other will go fast.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Hey Dave... I sent you a PM. Got not response. Wonder if there was a glitch in my PM? I'll resend!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
clowman said:
Hey Dave... I sent you a PM. Got not response. Wonder if there was a glitch in my PM? I'll resend!

I replied to your PM, you know where I am, come on and get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS