Dad's garden shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

My brothers and sister decided to surprise our Dad on his 70th birthday.
We showed up early on a Saturday with 2 trailers loaded down with lumber and said surprise we are building you a garden shed. He has wanted one for some time now, but Mom resisted until we conviniced her we would make it match the house. It is 8' x 12' and the peak is about 9 1/2' tall. He was very surprised and touched.

dads%20shed.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tom, that turned out great and a good reason to miss the Hickory get together..but man, it took you a while to post the pics :lol: :lol: Your dad is lucky to have such talented kids.

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
great looking shed Tom. My mom may have sold the house and moved to Florida by the time my brothers and I could have the same week off to do the same for her, in NY. Imagine what the new homeowners would think? three strange guys building a shed in their backyard? :lol:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Tom I am looking to build a small shed in my back yard. Do you have an idea of what it cost for materials?

sawman

New User
Albert
Tom your dad is going to enjoy that, his own private place. Did you wire it for his sound system? :notworthy

Later,
Albert, A or whatever

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice looking shed. Looks more like a little house than a shed. It great that you and your siblings did that for your dad. I'm sure he was touched.

T

toolferone

Tom I am looking to build a small shed in my back yard. Do you have an idea of what it cost for materials?

Well the total cost was around $1400, but A large expence was the hardi plank siding we used to match the house (per Mom).

T

toolferone

Tom, that turned out great and a good reason to miss the Hickory get together..but man, it took you a while to post the pics :lol: :lol:
Dave:)

Dave most of that was weather related. Dad did all the painting a caulking himself. Yesterday all we did was build the ramp and install the door knob.

T

toolferone

Tom your dad is going to enjoy that, his own private place. Did you wire it for his sound system? :notworthy

Later,
Albert, A or whatever

No electric at all, just a place for all the garden tools to free up space in the garage.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, that is a very professional job, Tom. :icon_thum

I've been thinking about adding on an 8 x 24 section to my shop. If you guys showed up you'd have it done in two days. (My birthday is in August). :lol: :lol:

Chuck

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang Tom, it does look like a house! Great job and Dad is sure going to enjoy it. And an award for diplomacy and quick thinking to make sure Mom was happy too. :icon_thum

BTW my birthday is Feb. 9 and you are welcome to stay the entire week if needed :lol:

Roger

T

toolferone

You built that in a day?

Man I need to hire you for a week!!! :eusa_clap

Not completely. At the end of the weekend we had it dried in with tar paper on top. Then 3/4 day for the shingles, and a full day for the siding. Dad did the painting himself.

T

toolferone

Does it have a slab underneath, how is it raised off the ground?

David, we dug down and placed the concrete piers at the corners about level, then set a 4x4 on top and placed the rim joists on top of the 4x4's. After back filling around the piers it looks like it is sitting on the ground. Since it is not a poured slab or footers it is a temporary building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS