Curly pecan

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

I have 4 sample 3/4sq x 5 1/2" curly pecan (hickory) pen blanks, if someone would like to give them a spin. All I ask is for an honest opinion of the material, as well as a photo of the pen you make out of one of these blanks. You keep the pen and the other 3 samples. I'm trying to get an idea if I should turn a few hundred of these loose and for what price.

Fair warning pecan is rock hard, you'll need some sharp tools to bust into these bad boys. The crotch figure is quite nice and I would say they have a normal amount curl.

If your interested in a little experiment please reply to this thread - I only have 4 samples so the first person to respond gets them for free. I'll even pay for postage to your shop.

Thanks

Attachments

• Dec30$05.jpg
    Dec30$05.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 198
J

jeff...

Record time 3 mins :icon_thum. Cathy please send me your mailing address via PM and I'll get them in the mail to you Tuesday.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
D'oh, 15 minutes late :eusa_doh: Cathy, I am sure that you will turn some spectacular pens out of that. Jeff... has a great eye for the beauty in wood.
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
That was one of those rare moments in being online at the right time! I've usually turned into a pumpkin by now.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
D'oh, 15 minutes late :eusa_doh: Cathy, I am sure that you will turn some spectacular pens out of that. Jeff... has a great eye for the beauty in wood.
Dave:)

yur slippin dave! :rolf: nice score cathy. post some pics of those pens.

fred p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS