Crazy summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
OK, I admit I haven't been much fun this summer. It's been a crazy time for me, but what is your excuse?

Where are the work in progress pictures? Where are all the new tool pictures, shop upgrades, Finished Projects? :dontknow:

Have you all given up on wood work and just sit at the :XXcompute all the time? :rotflm:

I promise to get back in the shop soon, I hope you will. I miss you. :notworthy:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
As arrogant as I am, I am reluctant to post gloats. That, plus I always leave the camera in the house!!!:wink_smil:wink_smil:wink_smil

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I dont post progress pics because of all the steps involved.:nah: I dont care to clutter up my gallery with them either so I only put up finished projects if I think the project deserves posting.:embaresse sorry but this computer thing isnt easy for me so I limit what I do with it.:gar-Bi it was much easier when I could simply upload the pic to the post. other forums that I read have it set up differently. On some I dont bother to post pics at all because it's just too complicated and other sites allow me to upload from my PC and the pics automatically go in my gallery. what a time saver that is!:icon_thum But I am having a website made and it should go up tonight. If it does I will prolly just put it in my sig line and stop posting pics alltogether. maybe.............:rotflm:

M

McRabbet

I've tried to keep the WIP's moving forward, but I keep running into conflicts -- I need to get back to one I started several months ago (my cyclone installation) now that I am finished with the Kellogg Center Bulletin Board project. I also have another project that I'll document with pics later this month as I apply the finishing touches (it has been on the back burner since late last summer!).

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I am just now getting time to get back in the shop. I've got a project I started on last weekend, first one since the crib, that needs some sanding.

I have also missed the pictures of projects. Seems like the darksiders and scrollers are the only ones getting much accomplished.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike,

I could write a book about why I haven't been in the shop that much lately. :roll: The most important reason? MONEY. These two jobs just aren't cutting it and wood is not cheap around here. :BangHead: Second, my shop is located directly under my neighbor's bedroom. We both work weird conflicting hours and the other is usually asleep. Also, I live in a duplex at the beach with 5 other guys. :eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1 So almost every time I walk in the door, no matter what time of day or night, there is usually at least someone to talk to or something going on. And now of course, Hurricane Hanna and the 15 systems behind her have forced me to move all of my tools into the house. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I'd say that about sums it up. :rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
dont sweat it trent!:gar-La; right after hurricane season come the rainy season followed by hot and heuwmmid and then there's......:rotflm:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes Mike lossing close family members like we did is not easy especially when they lived out of town. I did not accomplish much that I had wanted to do. Here is hoping Fall will be better for you and everyone else.
:eek:ccasion1

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Haven't done anything that I consider really "noteworthy", but, we're working on some Deacon's Benches that look like they may turn out OK. Like Fred, I never seem to have the camera ready when I need it, and, posting pics ain't easy for me either, so I just wait until the project is finished rather than post WIP's.

Mike, I can fully sympathize with your "down state." I have lost both my parents, and it takes a while to get used to the fact that the two people who loved you most, and you loved most, are gone.

Time heals all wounds. Prayer helps. We'll keep you in ours.

:eusa_pray

skeeter

New User
Charles
Mike, I lost my father in 1/07 and MIL (who I was really close to) in 1/08. I can only guess at the memories LOML and I will have as next year starts. I think I'll just take Jan. off the calander next year.

Just keep happy thoughts and good memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS