Craftsman Chain Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Glen, because of alcohol in gas now be sure to run that thing dry every time you use it. Alcohol attracts moisture and moisture ruins the carb. My boat has an in the floor aluminum tank, and we now have to drain it after every use to prevent alcohol problems. This also means carbs are dry and gaskets and seals dry out. To subsidize a few big farmers and big ethanol producers, we get to pay three times. First with government subsidy to producers of alcohol, secondly, increased food prices as corn is diverted to make alcohol, and thirdly damage to machines not designed to run alcohol / gas mix. Lastest issue of Pop Mechanics had an article on alcohol damages and cost to the consumer. Makes you kinda sick to think our government is doing this to us.

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for the heads up Bruce, I agree that ethanol blending is not a real bright idea. Since they started adulterating gasoline I have added Sta-Bil faithfully to both my gas/oil mix and my straight gas used around the homestead and so far things have still been humming along. Sta-Bil also makes a formula now specifically designed to counteract ethanol problems. :wsmile:

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Yes to the Stabil. I just finished the spring session on the mower, weedwhackers and lawn tractor. Had no startup problems, even on the mantis and a old 350 echo chainsaw. I also buy only premium gas for the yard equiptment. Just started that a couple of years ago when ethanol started to invade all the pumps on the advice of my parts and repair store.

Stabil also makes a marine version. Anyone know the difference?

LloydP

New User
Lloyd
Be sure to use either marine Sta-Bil or the new Sta-Bil which has the ethanol treatment. I had to replace my fuel pump in my boat last year due to corrosion, and I was a faithful user of the red Sta-Bil up until that time. An expensive lesson...

Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS