Couple more cutting blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Would think end grain would be more expensive. Will probably try to tackle some end grain but will have to build a router sled before I try to tackle those.

Duane

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
No problem Duane, it was nice meeting you and helping out!

Without an Incra fence, I think it would be difficult to cut the parts of increasing widths. Because the parts are so narrow, you have to cut them on the side outboard of the fence so each movement you have to move the fence one blade width plus the size of your part. I would be glad to show anyone how it is done, just PM me.

I completed another one last night. A big shoutout to Chris_goris for the use of his Jet 22-44. This board wasn't that far out of level but I wanted to see how those drum sanders worked. I am sold on them. They may only take a small amount off with each pass but a little time and patience and you end up with nice flat smooth edges. Guess I'll have to keep a watch on CL for a 16-32 or a 22-44. If only I could have a small hit on the lottery, Woodcraft has 15% off Jet tools.

Duane

MagGeorge

New User
George
Awesome cutting boards! Like more the striped one, quite unique and interesting and great choice of contrasting woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS