couple ? for Charlotte area folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

2slow

New User
chris
Where do you have your sharpening done, e.g., saw blades, router bits. I’ve used Charlotte Saw & Knife years ago with mixed results.

Where do you buy sheet goods, e.g. MDF, cabinet grade Plywood?

Chris

remedialwoodworker

New User
steve
CS&K has always been a first call, but you can try Farris Belt and Saw as well. Try A&M Supply for sheet goods, they'll make you wonder why you ever went anywhere else!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Same as Steve for sharpening. Not overwhelmed with either. Farris seemed more customer friendly. I've had good luck buying good blades from Leitz and Tenryu at prices about equal to sharpening so I haven't had to be a frequent customer. (I have also discovered that a very clean, shiny toothed blade doesn't need to be sharpened nearly as often)

Wurth has been my source when I have absolutely had to get a piece of hardwood plywood I can't find anywhere else. I try to shop at NC Hardwood Store when I go to visit my folks in bigger, better, Burlington. I've found decent hardwood plywood from Weyerhaeuser Old Fort at Home Depot in Kannapolis if you can get it off the bottom of the stack. Kluttz and Morrison in Concord have it or can get it but prices are as high as Wurth.

Steve,
Does A&M Supply allow non-Wholesale customers?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Woodworking Source will work with you also. See their add to the right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!
:wsmile:

2slow

New User
chris
Woodworking Source will work with you also. See their add to the right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!
:wsmile:

I’ve purchased lumber from Woodworking source. He was great to deal with, however I did not think he sold plywood. I’ll have to check.
I’ll have to check A&M supply also. I go right by there often.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Where do you have your sharpening done, e.g., saw blades, router bits. I’ve used Charlotte Saw & Knife years ago with mixed results.

Where do you buy sheet goods, e.g. MDF, cabinet grade Plywood?

Chris

I was looking for someone who is really good with handsaws, especially dovetail saws and the like. I live in Denver, NC - just north of Charlotte.

Pete

bwat

New User
Bill
Check with Rick as mentioned at The Woodworking Source. I recently heard him mention using a different sharpening service that he liked better than previous vendors, info at right>>>

I believe his sheet goods are special order but that is usually worth the effort if you can wait a few days. Good luck?

Who is A&M ????

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
There's a bonifide expert handsaw sharpener near you in Mooresville. I don't know if he hires his sharpening services out but he sure can teach a good class on it and give dead on recommendations on which files you need, how to use them, what to look for in a sawset and vice, etc.
Give Stan a PM at SSuther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors