Corporate Member Vote Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Gentlemen:

As I alluded to in my earlier post in another thread, we need to have a vote of the corporate members (CMs) with regard to our non-profit status. I believe that no one here on the BoD will have an objection to this amendment. If I am wrong please call me ASAP!

Tracy has told me he can have this posted tonight. It needs to be a sticky in the CM forum. Is there a way we can force a reminder/direction to the CMs so that they have to read the vote issue before proceeding?

According to our bylaws we have to give 14 days notice to the CMs. Thus if we do it today we can have a vote tally by 1/3/11 which is the day the IRS employee handling our case will return! We are submitting our response to the IRS this week minus the CM vote. This response includes responses to issues raised by the IRS's Ms. Jones.

The amendment that needs approval is on page 5, entitled "Articles of Amendment Nonprofit Corporation."

I wish I could have given more lead time to you all, but this came to me today from the lawyers! Call me and post here as necessary.

Thanks,

Doug

Attachments

• NCWW IRS Response.pdf
    526.8 KB · Views: 151

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks good to me Doug. Just looked through the Corporate Documents and I don't see anything that looks like this. Would you like me to print this out and include it in the Corporate Docs?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Not yet. If the amendment passes it will need to be added to the by-laws. I will send you a copy of the formal response. this is a draft as I made suggestions for changes (additions mostly) that the lawyers will incorporate.

Doug

M

McRabbet

Looks good, Doug -- thanls for your continued efforts -- I presume these minor issues should not be a problem for our Corporate Members. Let the voting begin!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I just voted, but I think it may help if the membership is given a little help here. IOW, a sentence stating that a FOR vote is what we need to get past this step, so there is no misunderstanding.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Feel free to add anything you feel that will aid in a fair vote.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Great to see this!
I just voted and think the wording states well what to do and why.
Scarily I even sort of understood some of their questions from Doug's letter....
I MUST be getting old!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Just voted. Looks like 55 CMs have voted so far. That's a pretty good number for the amount of time it has been open. I wonder what the percentage that we need is.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I think a simple majority of CMs is needed for passage. As of last week we had 166 CMs, so 84 will do it. Can we make the vote thread a sticjky thread?

Doug

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
It's already a sticky, but I can't figure out how to actually "stick" it to the top.... :icon_scra

Unfortunately that is not possible. Only to the top of the forum it is located in. We need to keep it bumped to the top!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think a simple majority of CMs is needed for passage. As of last week we had 166 CMs, so 84 will do it. Can we make the vote thread a sticjky thread?

Doug

Doug is it a majority of the total CMs or a majority of the CMs that actually vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS