Congrats to Alan in Little Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
There's a nice story about Alan's second-story shop in the current (Dec/Jan 2011) issue of American Woodworker magazine. Also a picture of him getting ready to jump out of the hoist door on the second floor (just kidding, I think). If you've never seen Alan's shop, put in on your bucket list of things to do. It will be time well spent. Way to go, Alan. :eusa_clap

Ernie

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
There's a nice story about Alan's second-story shop in the current (Dec/Jan 2011) issue of American Woodworker magazine. Also a picture of him getting ready to jump out of the hoist door on the second floor (just kidding, I think). If you've never seen Alan's shop, put in on your bucket list of things to do. It will be time well spent. Way to go, Alan. :eusa_clap

Ernie

I've got to agree with you Ernie, Alan's shop is a site to see:icon_thum.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats Alan!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Your shop has come a long way from when Steve, Roger and I visited about 4-5 years ago. If I recall, you hadn't finished all of your fine oak cabinetry.:eusa_thin

It is truly a showplace and must be a treat to spend time in!

Wayne

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Outstanding! Congratulations Alan. One of these days I need to make the trek east and see your digs.

Scott

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Thanks all!

It seems a lot of people have seen it- I received a call today from a guy in Conn. who wanted more info on my I-beam hoist- but I haven't received my copy!! The Pony Express service here in little Washington is a bit slow. Unlike FWW and a few other mags, AWW doesn't provide advanced courtesy copies.

I have been able to milk the shop and its features for various articles and tips, but I think it is approaching over-exposure. I didn't write this article, so the pay-out was minimal. The Lee Valley GC for last month's shop tip was nice, however!

Oh, and my shop still isn't done!! I haven't finished the office nor made the eave access doors and trim! And if my ship ever comes in (not likely to happen) I would really like to have oak hardwood floors.

Hey Ernie- you can blame me for another article which should be in the same issue. It is the one about Perry McDaniel the puzzle/box maker. I didn't write the article but submitted his name. No good deed goes unpunished1 :wwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors