Colorful Pile

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I made a trip to Wall's Lumber yesterday and picked up some wood to make some butcher block counter tops with. I spent the afternoon with the hand planes making the edges straight and smooth. It was a workout but I enjoy starting with rough lumber and winding up with a smooth, shiny edge. Doing the edges is about all the enjoyment I can take - I am glad I have the Dewalt to surface the faces! I had a cool pile of shavings when I finished. I made some pics you can see below. There are eight different species represented in the shavings. I like the colors!

435463156_AsvYg-X3.jpg

435462943_qRvTH-X3.jpg

435462745_yhA6t-X3.jpg

435461761_XcfCv-X3.jpg

435462188_i6n8Q-X3.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Put them all together and you will have a new Crayola color:nah:. Gonna make nice counter tops with all those colors.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Ha! The colors are neat and, being a rookie, I enjoy working with the different kinds of wood to see how they handle. I have been making a few cutting boards for gifts. Here are some of them:

435475619_AzC2o-X3.jpg

435475277_zSQUs-X3.jpg

435476418_TGMJw-X3.jpg

Here is some of the wood I bought:

435476565_8kvPX-X3.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Michael, you have been a busy boy. Great job on those cutting boards. Love the picture of the pup in the shavings.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Those are some nice looking cutting boards. And that first photo of the shavings is a calender contender. But you might need to check the date in your camera.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Michael, I really do like those cutting boards:icon_thum- what are the woods you used for them and what are the sizes

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Man. Those are really nice!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Downside.......
How in the world do you choose who gets which one?:BangHead::BangHead:

They will be treasured for many years, I bet!

Very well done.

Wayne

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Michael, I really do like those cutting boards:icon_thum- what are the woods you used for them and what are the sizes

They are various sizes but all of them will fit through my 13" planer. Some are 23" long and others are around 15 inches. There is padauk, bloodwood, purple heart, walnut, ash, maple, cherry, jaboba, and pau amarillo. I finished these up today. Here are some more pics:

436651748_qyHgw-X3.jpg

436651225_qGm6K-X3.jpg

436650841_kLXor-X3.jpg

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Nice looking product! I like your mix of color and sizes. They will be much appreciated.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Love the photos, Michael!
And that's a great way to learn about wood types while being productive :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS