clothing in the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thsb

New User
Tim
have you ever gone to the shop for one quick thing to do and, contrary to your significant other's warnings, ended up staying there a little longer and getting glue or epoxy or whatever on your new work pants/shirt?.

just asking, not because it happened to me tonight. really!:BangHead::)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
lolol that it was only me
smile.gif

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Done that, I keep an apron hanging on the wall. Sometimes I do remember to put it on!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Absolutely not, Tim. Nope, never happened to me. Honest! :wwink: There have been times, however, when my wife's washing machine left unexplained little spots or blotches on some of my nicer clothes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :gar-La;

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Eventually your learn to either stop going in the shop with nice clothes or stop buying nice clothes. The later has proven true with me.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
My shop apron has been my savior! If I hadn't worn it so much, LOML would have killed me by now!!!:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I have given up on wearing nice clothes around the house for this very reason. Our farm store has new jeans for $10.00. Not the best jeans in the world mind you but are great work jeans. These jeans and old shirts and I'm ready to go make a mess.

My wife washes my work clothes separate from other laundry. She says "God only knows what you get into" :)

JimD

Jim
Senior User
My late wife used to buy my clothes and wash them. She got really upset if I ruined them. So I tried to change into something I was allowed to do something in as soon as I got home. My current wife neither buys me clothes or washes my clothes but she has started to comment if I get something a previously "good" set of clothing. Seems to be in the genes.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
My late wife used to buy my clothes and wash them. She got really upset if I ruined them. So I tried to change into something I was allowed to do something in as soon as I got home. My current wife neither buys me clothes or washes my clothes but she has started to comment if I get something a previously "good" set of clothing. Seems to be in the genes.
Hard for a guy to know good clothes from bad... But maybe if you think this way. Good clothes to work in? or good clothes to take the wife out? Then all clothes are good for on thing or another :)

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I've "honed" what I wear in the shop these days after ruining a ton of clothes. My choice these days is a pair of Carhart cargo's (lots of pockets) tee shirt and scrub top. I love the scurb top because it's comfortable to wear, plus it's short sleeved, good for turning. In winter I exchange the short sleeve tee for a long sleeve with tight cuffs. Jim

http://www.cherokeeuniforms.com/product/10090/1929-WINV/men-s-v-neck-top

Last edited:

nn4jw

New User
Jim
What are these things you call "work clothes"?

I haven't worn a suit, except for weddings and funerals, since the early 90's. Since I retired, my "shop clothes" are pretty much my every day clothes. If I need something fancier I can dig some khakis and a golf shirt out of the closet, but that's about as fancy as it gets for me any more.

Touchwood

New User
Don
What are these things you call "work clothes"?

I haven't worn a suit, except for weddings and funerals, since the early 90's. Since I retired, my "shop clothes" are pretty much my every day clothes. If I need something fancier I can dig some khakis and a golf shirt out of the closet, but that's about as fancy as it gets for me any more.[/QUOTE

Sounds about right:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS