Cleaning out the shop (lumber forsale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

I have to clean out the shop, I've got so much wood in there I can't hardly work in there anymore. The stacks are spewing into the yard. I would like to use this thread to post a bunch of different stuff forsale. I'll snap pics as I'm sorting out what's in there. Most of it is unusual boards that are figured, spalted, unusual in one way or another or just a massive amount for big projects. I was kinda saving for my own personal stash for future projects. But the saw mill and pool deck is keeping me pretty busy lately and don't have much time to build anything for a while, I'm just trying to be realistic with my time.

[strike]The first thing I would like to get rid of is I'm guessing about 500 BF of wide board 5/4 Red Oak I think the boards are 11 and 12' long . It's been racked and stacked in the shop a little over a year. The thread is here: I was planning on making it into a four poster king sized bed for my wife and I. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2565 [/strike]

No reasonable offer refused, if interested in anything I post here, please reply to this post.

Thanks

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Jeff -

Would you be willing to split this up? I'd be interested in 100-150 bf. How much are you asking for the whole lot?

Or maybe there are other members that would be willing to split it with me . . . . . . . Anyone?

J

jeff...

SOLD
[strike]2 Curly Maple Burl Chunks, air dry approx 1 year. shown are both sides, so you can get an idea what they are about.

* 1 1/8" x 8" x 22" planned
P5313188.JPG

P5313189.JPG

* 1 1/4" x 12" x 24" not planned

P5313190.JPG

P5313191.JPG

No resonable offers refused, there's a lot of bark inclusion but would make a nice clocks, a bunch of pen blanks, knife scales or .... the smaller one is kinda shaped like a fish and might could be good to mount a trophy fish.

If interested please reply to this thread with your price.

Thanks [/strike]

J

jeff...

Jeff -

Would you be willing to split this up? I'd be interested in 100-150 bf. How much are you asking for the whole lot?

Or maybe there are other members that would be willing to split it with me . . . . . . . Anyone?

This is a name your price thread, I'm trying to clean out my shop, so I can have some room to work. I would really like to sell all of it to one preson, no reasonable offeres refused. If your within the Raleigh area I could deliver.

Thanks

J

jeff...

SOLD [strike] 8 Natural edged curly maple slabs various length and width. Some peices have burl mixed in with the slabs. All the slabs are 5/4 thick and I estimate about 50 BF although there is more than that. These are from the out side of the log and contain very little if any heart wood.

Air dry approx 1 year.

1 1.25 x 12 x 4' 5B.F.
2 1.25 x 12 x 5' 6.25B.F.
3 1.25 x 16 x 5' 8.33B.F.
4 1.25 x 16 x 6' 10B.F.
5 1.25 x 11 x 8' 9.17B.F.
6 1.25 x 11 x 3' 3.44B.F.
7 1.25 x 10 x 3' 3.13B.F
8 1.25 x 11 x 3' 3.44B.F.

P5313192.JPG

If interested please reply to this thread with your price, No resonable offers refused. [/strike]

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff, I want the unplaned Maple burl chunk 1¼" x 12' x 24". How about $25.00 for it or PM me if you need more.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Jeff, I want the unplaned Maple burl chunk 1¼" x 12' x 24". How about $25.00 for it or PM me if you need more.

Sold and I'll even toss in the other one free, (two for the price of one deal). I forgot to mention I need to charge you NC Sales Tax, I got my coupons yesterday along with a bunch of stuff I don't understand. Thankfully "I have an accountant pay for it all" Little Joe Walsh there for ya :-D

Thanks Dave, I think you'll be happy with the burls. I'll set em aside and meet you somewhere in Raleigh. I was thinking about taking the kids to adventure landing Sunday to ride the go carts, I'll let you know what time I'll be there.

Thanks again

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No, but I would be more than happy to cut some sections of it in the sizes that you need and send them to you. Or if Jeff is willing he can sell you the other one for $20, I really only need the one that I asked for.

J

jeff...

SOLD
[strike]7 pecies (1 1/8 ~ 1 1/4 thick) approx 25BF curly maple boards that contain some (darker) heartwood.

3) 5/4 x 11 - 5'
1) 1 1/8 x 6 - 4' planed
1) 1 1/8 x 5 - 4' planed
2) 5/4 x 4 - 2'

P5313194.JPG

If interested please reply to this thread with your price, no resonable offers refused. [/strike]

Thanks

J

jeff...

Spoken For [strike] 10 spalted American Elm natural edged short slabs (approx 20 bf) - this stuff is light as a feather and darn right interesting. I spalted these to make panels for raised panel doors, I love spalted wood. Warning theses are dirty from spalting, but clean up nice with a planner, see second picture. Milled @ 4/4 and should clean up to 3/4 without much problems. Wouldn't a Curly Maple chest with Spalted Am. Elm panels look cool? That's what I was gonna do. There's a fine line between spalted and rotten these have not crossed that line, their good and solid.

4/4 x 7" x 2'
4/4 x 9" x 2'
4/4 x 6" x 3'
4/4 x 10" x 2'
4/4 x 12" x 3'
4/4 x 6" x 3'
4/4 x 11" x 3'
4/4 x 6" x 3'
4/4 x 8" x 4'
4/4 x 11" x 4'

If interested please reply to this thread with your price, no resonable offers refused. [strike]

Thanks

Attachments

• P5313195.jpg
    P5313195.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 151
  • P5313196.jpg
    P5313196.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 153
J

jeff...

Dave,

Would you take $20 for one of those slabs?

I see some great knife handles in there.

Mike, if you got your heart set on the planed burl, I'll take 20.00 for it since Dave doesn't want it. Let me know what you guys decide.

Thanks

J

jeff...

5 pecies of thin QS Sycamore around 1/4" thick and atleast 10" wide and 6' tall. would be great for inlay. Also bunch of short thin strips for inlay (Holly, QS Sycamore, Spalted Curly Sycamore and Curly Maple).

If interested please reply to this thread with your price, no resonable offers refused.

Attachments

• P5313197.jpg
    P5313197.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 154
  • P5313198.jpg
    P5313198.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 156
  • P5313199.jpg
    P5313199.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 162
J

jeff...

Please don't be shy, I really want to move this stuff... Tommorow a couple of stacks of lumber and a very large heaping box of under 6" long pen blanks.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Jeff:

If my calculations are correct that is about 10.7 bdf of curly maple. Will you take $45?

Which culry maple? I have 2 posted, I think these are the two left unsold, the burls are sold.

* 7 pecies (1 1/8 ~ 1 1/4 thick) approx 25BF curly maple boards.
* 8 Natural edged curly maple slabs various length and width, I estimate about 50 BF

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors