Clean air gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Knowing the rules,I did not gloat until I had the picture to prove it. Here is my Christmas gift to myself. Boy that sucker was heavy!!!!

Attachments

• air cleaner gloat.jpg
    air cleaner gloat.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 189

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice! An air cleaner is on my short list of things to get this year too. Let me know if you need any help mounting it, I'll be available this weekend.

Oh, and YOU SUCK!!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am here in Cary too, Scott. Just holler (PM me) if you need a couple more arms to hoist her up to the mount!

Nice catch!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You will be amazed at the difference in air quaility in your shop with that Bad Boy. I have a Jet, and it has made a world of difference.
Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Maybe one day I'll have one. Are they worth the money? Are they very loud? And do you run it all the time while in the shop?

For now I (sometimes) use a box fan with a filter strapped to it. :crybaby2:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I've got a Delta air cleaner and I like it. It is a bit noisy, but, you get used to it after a while. The biggest thing I notice is how much less dust there is on surfaces etc. Plus, I know the air is healthier.

Now, if I could just get a decent DC system in place-------:eusa_doh:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Not sure I've ever seen a comparative review of these suckers (notice the play on words :slap:). I'd love to breathe clean air on occasion (gotten soft since I moved out of NJ :slap:) How noisy does the shop get with the dust collection / vacuum plus the air cleaner plus the tool being used?

Ray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Not sure I've ever seen a comparative review of these suckers (notice the play on words :slap:). I'd love to breathe clean air on occasion (gotten soft since I moved out of NJ :slap:) How noisy does the shop get with the dust collection / vacuum plus the air cleaner plus the tool being used?

Ray

It can get noisy Ray, the higher cfm pulled the louder it becomes. It's not only the motors running, but also the noise from the air being moved. It seems even louder if you are ina tight area like a basement (low ceilings).

By the way, where in NJ are you originally from? I'm originally from the Essex,Union county area.

jimmy:)

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
I have that one and a jet. Shop is 2 rooms. Keep mine running anytime I'm in the shop. Also leave them set on remote control for 2 hours after I quit work to clean the air. Think they do a good job moving the heat around in the shop also. This is one tool that I couldn't do without! And you WILL need help hanging that thing!

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I have the three speed Jet and it does a great job of cleaning the air. Noise is not bad. As stated earlier the motor noise is one thing but the air moving through the filter is the other.

One note on hanging it; I used 4 heavy duty springs mounted to my ceiling joists that I then hooked the Jet to. It seems to have cut down on the noise.

Dan C.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I have the three speed Jet and it does a great job of cleaning the air. Noise is not bad. As stated earlier the motor noise is one thing but the air moving through the filter is the other.

One note on hanging it; I used 4 heavy duty springs mounted to my ceiling joists that I then hooked the Jet to. It seems to have cut down on the noise.

Dan C.

Dan,

I like the spring idea, I've got to give it a try.

Jimmy:)

welldigger

New User
Scott
I have the 3-speed Jet also.Hung it by myself (bad idea).I set it on a 6ft ladder then climbed 8ft ladder and lifted it on it.(scary). 'Bout dropped it. If I were you I would definitely get some help hanging it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the offers to help but it is hung and in operation. It works great and the noise is not an issue. A buddy of mine helped. If I ever hang another one I will have a 3rd person there to assist. Lifting was ok with 2 but another set of eyes and hands would have been a big help to put it on the hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS