Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Help...I'm trying to list a tool for sale but after selecting "Hand Tool" and "Fixed Price" I hit enter and get back a msg saying my user group is not allowed.

red f

New User
Blaine
I believe that "Classifieds" is locked until after the site reboot. I could be wrong, but I believe that's what I read.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.75 Safari/535.7

Sully

New User
jay
The classifieds are locked down until after the upgrade.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.25) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

ehpoole

Ethan
As I have understood Steve's explanation on this topic:

Once the upgrade to vBulletin 4 is complete the existing Classifieds extension will no longer be compatible and there is no upgrade path for the existing Classifieds extension. There are several alternative extensions under consideration for handling Classifieds, but they will not be compatible with the old extension's listings.

As such, all the classifieds currently posted will likely disappear after the conversion to vBulletin 4, so the decision was made to stop any new Classifieds from being posted since the posts would only have a life of a few days.

Once the upgraded site has had a chance to stabilize a bit, a decision will have to be made as to which way to go with the new Classified extension alternatives and that alternative installed. Afterwards, everyone will likely need to repost their listings. As a result, it will likely be a couple weeks before a working Classifieds is implemented.

If I've got any of the details wrong (I'm new to this discussion and still catching up) those further in the know should feel free to correct me or expand on the above.
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)

M

McRabbet

I'm going to suggest that we establish a "Classified" Forum after the upgrade is complete until we find an alternative.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS