Clarification on Non-Profit Corporate Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Folks! this user who raised the questions that this post is addressing is not a bad person, actually he's pretty cool. He just didn't understand or agree with the actions that were taken in regards to one of his postings. The actions that were taken were not done due to his postings but due to subseqent postings that started to lead the thread in the wrong direction.
He raised some questions that needed defining and that is what this thread is trying to do.

Please withdraw the unreachable woodboogers :)eek: oh the misery) comment and other mean thoughts
:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi Big smiles because that is what is on my face while posting this.
No harm no foul to all. Let's all just have fun.

Dave:)

:eek:ccasion1 here here!:gar-La; almost everything I say is in fun.... I was taught if ya got nuthin good ta say say nuthin. please dont take it that I didnt respond i didnt have nuthin to say though cause mostly when I dont reply it's bacause I dont feel like typin it out!:rotflm: now about that :eek:ccasion1

Glennbear

Glenn
I agree with Phillip that the off-topic forum with it's current posting policies serves a useful purpose on the site. Let me repeat the thanks that has already been given to Steve and the staff for keeping this wooden boat on course :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Just for the record let me say

IT WEREN'T ME!

But I will offer one suggestion, If anybody doesn't agree with the policies of the board they are welcome to do what i once did.

LEAVE! :rotflm:

Thankfully, The Powers That BE allowed me to come back. :notworthy:

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i've been moderated myself a few times. there's a reason we have moderators to protect us as a group from our on stupidity.

individuals are generally rational but groups are generally irrational. so that's why you need moderators imho. and the few times i've been moderated it's been responses to posts i've made that went to far or at least thats what the moderators told me via pm.

hopefully i'm not a trouble child.

Sully

New User
jay
"Unreachable woodboogers" -- I think that's definitely content for a t-shirt.

Seriously, Steve you do a great job!

J

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Steve,
Thanks for the update. I don't think you came off too strong, rather pointed out to all how precious this site is to us.
I'm convinced that once the board completely identified and corporate voting members are on board the road gets smoother. As some have indicated, a well organized board can help keep us on track.
As I said to you once in a PM, I've spent most of my adult life working for or running non-profits and from personal experience, this can be the most difficult period of any fledgling organization.

You and the staff are doing a great job keeping us between the ditches.:thumbs_up Jim

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
This is the right answer. Thanks Dave. As usual, you see the correct view. BTW, that's why you are the Webmaster and the exalted position of Vice-president for internet operations,:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::rotflm:
Folks! this user who raised the questions that this post is addressing is not a bad person, actually he's pretty cool. He just didn't understand or agree with the actions that were taken in regards to one of his postings. The actions that were taken were not done due to his postings but due to subseqent postings that started to lead the thread in the wrong direction.
He raised some questions that needed defining and that is what this thread is trying to do.

Please withdraw the unreachable woodboogers :)eek: oh the misery) comment and other mean thoughts
:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi Big smiles because that is what is on my face while posting this.
No harm no foul to all. Let's all just have fun.

Dave:)

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Rules are rules! How many of us have not had a speeding ticket,:wink_smil I bet not many. This is a family site so let’s keep it that way. I have over 750 posts on this site, the most I have on the others is 4. I love this site that Steve has giving us to use FREE of charge. :icon_thum I do not live in Charlotte, or the Triangle but I still feel like I belong hear. How I will :crossedlips:

Danny

rhett

New User
rhett
This is my official withdrawl of wishing woodboogers to whoever it was I was wishing them upon. May there be sweet release with gentel blows. for all your woodworking days. Or just [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] wear a respirator.

Last edited by a moderator:

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
I trust this site will continue to be moderated in the manner it has. I also think that there is enough negativity around us on a daily basis and that it is nice to visit a place that one can get the proverbial pat on the back.

just my $2.61, adjust for inflation.

tv

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
So, now that this is all settled we can go back to posting Dust Collectgion cyclone, BBQ and pizza threads ?

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
So, now that this is all settled we can go back to posting Dust Collectgion cyclone, BBQ and pizza threads ?

Uh oh, you gotta be careful with those BBQ threads.:rotflm: DAMHIK, I just know. :gar-La;

toolman

New User
Chad

Looks like I am going to have to moderate JimmyC's post on BBQ's!!!!

The bottom line is if the moderator's are doing there job, there is going to be people that will get upset they were moderated.

Oh and Jimmy your post on BBQ'S is ok!!! :thumbs_up

Chuck Seehuetter

New User
Chuck
This response should probably be moderated (deleted) because it seems that almost every thread I post to ends abruptly:rotflm:
I just wanted to also say THANKS to Steve and all of the rest of you who work so hard to keep this fantastic ocean of knowlege, comradery, and even some comedy alive for the rest of us to enjoy and learn from. I for one am deeply appreciatve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS