Circ saw Combo Blade Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have only used the blade that came with my circ saw. Results are so-so.

I'd like recommendations for a combo blade. I only use the circ saw for cross-cutting rough stock (I don't have a slider) and for plywood cuts with a guide.

Chuck

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I will probably be looking to add a new circular saw soon, as mine has recently turned into the concrete board cutting master:saw:, not sure I want to have that saw's plate touch any finer wood again. It's presumably factory issued 71/4 inch blade was carbide tipped, and would power through anything I threw at it... so I never considered replacing it... interested in hearing what input you get.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
It is hard to beat the Freud Diablo 40 toother from HD. Sharpest thing I have ever put on my Super Sawcat. Less than $14 right now.

M

McRabbet

It is hard to beat the Freud Diablo 40 toother from HD. Sharpest thing I have ever put on my Super Sawcat. Less than $14 right now.
I must agree, Bruce -- this is a great blade. I also have a Freud 40 tooth thin kerf Finish blade I use for most of my first step plywood cuts on my lumber rack using a clamped straight edge. Almost zero chip out.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see if my local HD has the Freud 40T Diablo.

Steve, I'd love to get the WWII. If it lasts as long and cuts as well as the 10 inch version it's gotta be a sweet blade. I'll have to track price on Amazon and snap one up if a bargain arises. You never know. :-D

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS