Christmas presents (better late than never)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Here are a few Christmas presents that I made this year. In total, 3 cutting boards (the first was end grain and not pictured), two pens, and a clock (not pictured yet).

It was weird for me working on this many projects at once. Coupled with work being as busy as we've ever been and my sweetheart waiting to see me when I get home, :rolleyes: I haven't had a lot of time to do woodworking, but managed to crank out a few projects. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Cutting Board for the little sis. (Walnut, Maple, Red Oak) I love the piece of walnut that I made these cutting boards out of. It had a little bit of sapwood that really complimented the contrast with the maple (and a streak of Carolina Blue) :wink_smil. They're both finished with Buthcer Block oil.

wwing_006.jpg

This is for my Mom. :gar-Bi
wwing_003.jpg

This is my first pen, that I turned at Skeeter's two weeks ago, my Dad's Christmas present. It is a PSI kit, Padauk. THANK YOU Skeeter!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:
wwing_009.jpg

Not sure what this one is made out of. Skeeter might know. :icon_scra This is my first unassisted pen and a PSI comfort pen kit. This is for my BIL. THANK YOU Skeeter!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
wwing_007.jpg

Thanks for looking, and a very happy new year to all of you!!! :eek:ccasion1

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
Looks like you've had a busy December Trent. Nice work.:icon_thum Sure beats fighting the crowds at the mall and I'm sure the giftee will remember these things way longer than some "made in China" thingy (which, of course, is what I gave everyone:embaresse).

This only reminds me that I need to learn how to turn pens.

HNY :eek:ccasion1

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Good job on the Christmas gifts.

Man you did a great job on the pens. First time, huh? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

skeeter

New User
Charles
Very nice gifts. Cutting boards look great and those are some nice looking pens. BTW, awesome job on your first solo pen. I think the "Confort" is lacewood. Looks like you did a good job on drilling and squaring the blank.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Well I , for one , am pretty danged impressed bro :eusa_clap

I want so badly to try a cutting board, and now that the holiday madness is over I will probably try

as for your pens, you rock !! A whole heckuva lot nicer than my first ones .......better than my 10th and 11th ones to be honest :gar-La;

Nice work bro :icon_thum

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Nice work Trent.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty when I give a handmade gift. But when I saw my 40 year-old sister literally cry when she opened the trivets I made her, I realized it's a good thing. I'm sure your family will (or DID) love them and will cherish them forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors