Christmas gift finally finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As I have previously posted I wanted to give this as a Christmas gift for my wife but "stuff" got in the way. I did complete it on New Years Eve so that is close. The project is a technique called Intarsia. All the woods are natural colors. No dyes, paint or stains are used. The pattern came out of the winter 2015 issue of a German scroll saw magazine called Feinschnitt. The author I think is Anleitung von Holger Pfannkuch. What really made it challenging is I do not speak, read or understand a word of German and the entire magazine is in German. I even tried to translate the woods listed in the article with the help of the internet and not all translated to English so I pretty much used the wood I had. As you can probably tell I used a lot of maple, cherry, walnut plus a piece of yellow heart. Happy New Year one and all.

German_nativity_finished_Dec_2017.jpg

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Very beautiful Scott, what a wonderful gift, I'm sure once she saw it she forgot it was a little late.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sharon will love that for sure! You've mastered the intarsia art brother! I've yet to give it a try, just too many other projects consuming my time. You're a true artist Scott!

cskipper

Cathy
Awesome!!! I find intarsia vey challenging and appreciate your skill in completing this piece. I'm sure it will be treasured for generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS