Christmas canes for my 83 year old parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blues

New User
john
Happy Holidays to all.
Just finished my Christmas Canes for my 83 year old parents.
There are an embarrassing number of flaws which I will not point out...:mrgreen:
Walnut red-brown dye; walnut gel stain; rub on polyurethane; dark wax
each has a religious medal and an old 1924 coin: could not find 1927. (ebay! one coin for 10cents)
moms are french dads Italian.
These are my 3rd and 4th canes so...Im getting a little better but still ...:roll:
so I say:
burn the first , hide the second and give away the third....and in this case the forth.

Cheerio.
100_1781.JPG

View image in gallery

8-Ball

Those are pretty cool...!!!

Is that a series of rings or a spiral detail...?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm sure they will love the canes with all the flaws just like they love their son with all his flaws. Parents are just like that.

I like the design of these although they look a little top heavy to me. They are very distinctive!

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
They look great.Like Mike said,they are distinctive.I can't wait to get started on a cane with your double spiral pattern.
Tony

02blues

New User
john
I'm sure they will love the canes with all the flaws just like they love their son with all his flaws. Parents are just like that.

I like the design of these although they look a little top heavy to me. They are very distinctive!

Thanks Mike. I agree they are a little top heavy. I was trying to keep a surface for the initials and the flat coins. The coins did not allow me to make a cylinder and the diameter determined the width.
I can see how design development happens... One fun part was the use of the "golden ratio". Talked to the kids and parents about it and used to to measure pattern changes on the cane: "1.618". Also used the 1.618 near the signature as a discussion item.

PS: I saw your looms. I have a growing interest in that too. Would love to get a PM or read a post about your work there.

Happy Holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS