Charlie's shop visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I'm embarrassed to admit it; but I live less than 10 miles from Charlie and visited his terrific shop for the first time today. It was well worth the trip and I'll be going again because there's just too much to take in with one visit. Although he's now into turning in a big way and his work shows his talent and work ethic, his flat work is impressive. Next time I hope to learn the secrets of the imbedded design pieces.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
On top of, or actually below, that fabulous shop he has a woodworking museum also. My kitchen is often messier than his shop; the DC setup is really impressive. And to top it off he is a talented woodworker and a gracious host. You two have a lot in common. :icon_thum

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Charlie has offered me a shop tour as well. So far I have not taken him up on the offer, but I sure would like to do it some time soon.

Having seen the pictures of his shop in his gallery, I am certain that I would come away with so much new knowledge.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks guys.
Joe, I really enjoyed our visit, but it was much too short. I'm looking forward to the next one and we will make some cubes:gar-La;

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I finally got to Charlie's place a couple months ago.:icon_thum One of the nicest [and cleanest] I've seen.:notworthy: I am going back soon to get some pics........:gar-Bi We have a lot of the same tools and I'm gonna steal....er....ummmm BORROW yeh thats it borrow some of his ideas.:rotflm:

M

McRabbet

I'm another who has visited this great shop -- truly one of the nicest shops on the planet, for sure. Charlie has thought out tool placement, created well integrated storage (I was most impressed with his Drill Press base cabinet) and has many innovative jigs to facilitate his segmented turning. His dust collection system works very well and returns chips and sawdust to the woods behind the shop to help recycle the debris back to nature. It is impressive -- I'll be back one of these days, Charlie!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Charlie's shop is absolutely spectactular, and I always find it inspiring to visit him. If he's extended an invitation to anyone, I highly encourage you to take him up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS