Charles Neil Spray Finishing Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langd002

New User
Scott
If anyone is looking for an excellent class on spray finishing water based products I heartily recommend they consider Charles Neil's finishing class in New Market Virginia. I just completed the class and learned tons. We covered everything from wood prep and blotch control to coloring with water based dyes and stains to spraying topcoats and building a finish to rubbing out the finish to fixing mistakes in a 3 day class.

The best part was all the hands on practice (about 1.5 days of actual spraying) and the flexibility of the class. I brought my personal HVLP and used it along with his higher end spray equipment. I was able to compare and contrast his equipment versus mine (his is better). He also helped me develop a color on a mahogany scrap I brought to the class for a project I'm building.

Charles is a very interesting guy and while things were drying between coats we discussed many other woodworking topics including tools, techniques and different approaches to woodworking. If you watch him on one of his many YouTube videos that's exactly the way he is. Down to earth, straight talking and wanting to help.

If you are new to spraying water based finishes and would like hands-on instruction you won't go wrong with this class.

Scott

Langd002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors