Charity Chair Raffle Results (Hickory Gathering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
We'll the day is over and we had a great time. We did miss a few folks at the show, but did have a good time. We hung out at the demo area so long that they had to boot us out of the booth waiting for folks to arrive. None the less, we had a good gathering. Lots of good food, good company, and laughs.

Now for the raffle Results........

The winning ticket drawn by a non participating individual was...........

Steve Coles. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

I couldn't think of a more prefect end to the raffle drama than for Steve to end up with it. He has it belted in his SUV for the trip home. Steve, be sure to get a picture with you in your chair for Klingspore's.

Now for the $$$ amounts raised. The efforts were largely influenced by the good people on this board. Everyone who came to the gathering supported the raffle very well. I appreciated everyone's participation. The final number looks to be $1020 raised meaning just over 200 tickets were sold. So after the cost of the tickets and wood are removed the donation will be around $700. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It's not the $5000 I set out for, but I'm very happy with results and absolutely appreciative of the efforts of the folks here. For everyone who participated please give yourself a hand. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It was just a fabulous day. I'm sure there will be lots of pictures posted and lots of stories told. Tails of dumpster diving, bandsaw hauling.......... Lots of good stuff.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Congratulations on the win Steve, and to WG for the money that you raised. Now Steve its time to get out int he shop and make a few to math it. LOL.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Grats Steve!!!!!! Other than myself, I couldn't think of another person that I would have liked to see take it home! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'm really sorry I didn't get to go and meet all you guys, but I did have an outstanding day spending time one-on-one with my 3year old son..

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Today was Greeeaaaaat:eusa_danc And not just becuase of the chair.:lol: WG's & Vanguard's presentation was really wonderful. Just getting a chnace to see WG's and Insom's shops was worth the trip. The food and campanionship were also highlights of the day.

The only low point:lol: was when one of insom's children asked his father, if a was "a daddy friend" which i think loosely translated from small child speak meant, Is that old fart a friend of daddy's:oops: :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve you suck on winning the chair, but on the way home I realized if I had won it, what my daughter would do to it....bad things, very bad things involving Crayons and sticky stuff, so such a beautiful piece of work will be safer in your home. To everyone who couldn't make it, try to come next year it was a good time had by all. And if you thing these guy are cool online, they are much better in person. Thank-you, Woodguy for all the hospitality, what a great way to have a big giant shop gloat:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats Steve on winning the beautiful chair! If I had won it I would have had to keep it away from our boxers - they think they are allowed to sit/lay on every piece of furniture we have! WG - you did a very good thing with raising money for Katrina victims - you should feel proud! :eusa_danc Steve-don't feel too bad about the "old dude" question. One of the Delta guys talked to DH as my father - we decided that he was really telling me I don't look 50, not that he looks old enough to be my father (which he doesn't). We are not that different in age. DH did enjoy pointing out that he was hubby not dad - the Delta guy looked rather embarrassed. :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Woodguy, et. al.,

IMHO great results. Absolutely perfect that Steve won the chair and you should feel proud of the contribution you made to a deserving cause. :cool:

Congrats to all,
Sapwood

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When my wife saw the chair, she thought it was beautiful. But I could tell she had seconds thoughts about wether or not it would comfortable enough to actually sit on, 'cause she started to ask if she could put a cushion on it. (Of course my love, anything you want my dear:roll: )

Then she sat on it and decided that it would be perfect for her to sit on and knit while she watches TV :crybaby2:(without the cushion).

So on behalf my wife, thank your what is not only a beautiful piece, but a comfortable one as well.

FYI, I am working on the pictures and will be upload in a day or 2.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Good to hear Steve.

Now about that cushion need.................

I'm afraid I'll have to revoke ownership if a cushion ends up on that seat. :eusa_naug :eusa_naug :eusa_naug

:rolf:

Spend 6 hrs carving out a seat..... cover it up..... :crybaby2:

:p :p :p

I'm glad the story has completed the way it has. Great ending.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS