Changing of the Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
I regret to announce that I am stepping down from my role as webmaster of the forum. Some time ago, when Steve asked for volunteers to take on administrative roles on the forum, I had the interest, know-how, and time to help. Well, I still have the interest and the know-how, but not the time. In recent weeks/months, the responsibilities of my "day job" (I do have a day job, you know ;)) have become increasingly demanding of my time. As I strive to balance work and family duties, I find that I am having less and less time to devote to the needs of the forum - and that's not fair to this great group of people.

A couple of other things I want to say, while I've got your attention: The moderators and administrators of this forum are a dedicated group, working diligently behind the scenes to keep the machine running smoothly. Not everyone will agree with all the difficult decisions they have to make, but their actions are always in the spirit of maintaining a friendly and welcoming environment in the forums. I am honored to have played even a small role.

Steve Coles is, has always been, and will continue to be, DA MAN! :headbang: In addition to being DA MAN, Steve has said that he will once again assume the role of webmaster for the forum until further notice. Thank you Steve, for this great web site, which has brought together a fantastic group of people with a common interest.

I'm going to go straighten up the shop and see if some of my tools still work....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Monty...slacker, I thought you didn't sleep.
Seriously, your assistance will be sorrily missed, as you are one of the folks that have made this site what it is today.
We all can only hope that you will still participate and hang out with us as you can find the time.
Thanks you very much for all that you've done, it is appreciated beyond words. You will remain a legacy on this site :icon_thum

Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
Monty,
You will be missed as webmaster, but I hope you can continue to contribute. I also hope your tools still work. :lol:

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Monty,

Many many many thanks:eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clapfor a job well done. Your expertise will be missed.

Dan C.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Monty, thanks for all your help in making NCWW possible. To be honest, I saw your title in your info when you posted of course, but I never really realized you were the web master until now. I can't think of a better compliment to give :)

Hope you have some more time for woodworking now!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Monty thank you for a job well done. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I hope you will continue to me a member of the best group on the web.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Of course, I knew this was coming. And I have been preparing for it for a while. I'd like to quote my own post about Monty that I made in the moderators forum:

Monty, I think and I hope that I have said this before. You are one of the most important people to be a member of this site. You joined very early and have been with us ever since. Long before you were an admin or webmaster, you were the person who kept me from going over the deep end with some of my ideas on Website management:eusa_naug. You have always been and always will be my "chief" advisor. Your stewardship of the site was above and beyond the call of duty and your efforts will be sorely missed.

I'm going to assume that you will continue to be as active a member that you have time for. With your permission, after you announce to the public membership your situation, I am going to change your title to "Webmaster Emeritus" I will not change your permissions and such and you will continue to be part of the advisory Panel.

As far as who will be Webmaster, well as I suspect some of you have guessed already, I 've been stepping back into that role over the last month. I will take back that role again officially for a while and then we'll see what to do about it later.

Again, Thank you, thank you, thank you.:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1
:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Let me add my thanks Monty for the effort you, Steve and all the other staff members put into maintaining this site. WELL DONE.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Monty
I can not say it any better the what Steve has said
"Again, Thank you, thank you, thank you.:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1
:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile "

You will be missed

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Monty,

Wow, I have the opposite problem. I try not to let my jobs get in the way of my NCWW time. :XXcompute :rotflm:

No seriously, I've been on here for a very short period of time, but I really appreciate what you and all of the other moderators have done to create and maintain the level of quality in this site. This is a great community to be a part of! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent :icon_bigg

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Congradulations Monty on a job well done and a fantastic web site this is.
As I do call this home and am very proud to say that I belong to it.
I do understand that Steve is "da man", but they still need/use rigth hand men. Or is that left handed????? LOL
One question after all this time of doing this job, do you have any hair left?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Monty ... Steve probably put it best and I agree with the others ... but we all understand that life-work balance is important and somethings gotta give. I've been wondering lately where you went to ... but now I know. Hopefully you don't become a stranger (to our new members) and stick around! Thanks for everything you've done! :thumbs_up

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Well just because you aren't webmaster, I hope that doesn't mean we won't still see you around. You were one of the first people to welcome me to the site and I learned a lot by visiting your shootingboard website. Thanks for all you have done. I hope to meet you some day.

Monty

New User
Monty
Man, oh man... I feel like I'm in the middle of a retirement party! I guess I should enjoy it, since I won't be seeing a REAL retirement party in [STRIKE]years[/STRIKE] decades!!! :oops: Actually, I'm not going anywhere, and I didn't intend to attract a lot of attention - I just wanted to let people know that I'm changing back to civilian status on the site, so maybe I'll have more time to "play" while I'm here! :eusa_danc There still is a lot of work to be done on a site like this, I just regret that I can no longer help out as much as I used to. As Steve knows, I am always willing to help out whenever I can (and that still holds true) - it's just not right for me to hold the title of webmaster if I can't perform that role on a more regular basis.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Monty,

Thanks for all you have done here. I hate to see you step out of the role but I do understand the priorities. The family is absolutely first. The day job has to come second because that's how we pay for the [STRIKE]cost of Wood Guy Disease[/STRIKE] woodworking.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
If anyone hasn't figured it out yet . . . Monty's contribution to NCWWer is second only to Steve. And his modesty is second to none :thumbsup:

Oops, almost forgot about Monty's woodworking and documentation prowess :notworthy:
I'm pretty sure this remains the longest thread on NCWWer and perhaps the best documented.
Workbench WIP.

Appreciatively,
Roger

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Monty,

I wood like to thank you for all the hard work you have done for us in the past.:eusa_clap I know you are sad that you have to give up being webmaster.:-(
I am glad that you were their for us and that I got to meet you at the Klingspor Extravaganza 2007.:icon_thum

That is me in the bibs. Again I say THANK YOU!!! :eusa_clap

Danny Davis aks Partman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS